5lb PULLEY INSTALL, WHICH SPARK PLUGS?

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Next month when I'm on vacation I going to install the 5lb lower pulley that I purchased from LightningMike. I'm not sure which plugs should be installed, (heat range etc.). Does anyone know if the NGK-TR6 will work with the 5lb pulley?
My current performance mods are: 12"PowerStack filter, C&L 85mm MAF, C&L TrueFlow inlet pipe, AccuFab singleblade TB, C&L TrueFlow upper plenum, Oil Fill Breather cap, Oil seperator, Dual 16" elec fans, and FTVB.

I'm not sure if my current mods affects which plug I should use. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
well let me see, I have a 4# on mine and I'm running TR6's I put the gap at .035. I gapped at that because I'm puttind nitrous on next month and don't need it to go boom. You should see the boost gauge go all the past the ten mark when you install the 5#. Mine does and it looks way cool and sc is a lot louder.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
OK, thanks. So you're saying the TR6 is a step colder than the stock plugs? Anyone have a pic of that chart with the Amount of boost/Sparkplug type? It was recently posted by someone, I can't remember the name of the thread that it was posted in. I'm getting old and senile... :bash:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I believe that tr6's are two heat ranges colder than stock. Don't quote me on that. Haha. :-D

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Kevin, i was running the TR-6 with that pulley and a couple of other things and had 400 hp on a mail order tune from JDM
if you go with a dyno tune i am sure you will have much more

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I'm going to contact Lee at C&L performance for a tune/re-flash of my chip due to my truck having an 85mm MAF. PimpRohr has experience w/ C&L from when he was running an 85mm and suggested that I contact Lee. Hopefully, I will be able to get the truck down to Panama City, FL this summer for a dyno tune.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
nastynivek said:
I guess TR6s it will be,...Thanks for the help guys. Greatly appreciated. :beer:

I ran TR-7's on my 5 pound pulley set-up and I did see a good bit of low end stumble. They may have been too cold. I was going to try TR-6's next, but 'other things' came up.

Herb

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
herb101 said:
I ran TR-7's on my 5 pound pulley set-up and I did see a good bit of low end stumble. They may have been too cold. I was going to try TR-6's next, but 'other things' came up.

Herb
yeah like the rods :pepper:
you get that thing together yet or you still powder coating the frame? ;-)

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
lightninmike said:
yeah like the rods :pepper:
you get that thing together yet or you still powder coating the frame? ;-)

Shit - I'm still SCRUBBING the frame. I'd sure like to kill whoever though up that factory frame wax CRAP. I've been looking like freaking Al Jolson after each days work.

Herb

orange2004cobra

Established Member
If Jesus drove a Lightning {and if he ever needed a tuck,I am sure he would}
He would use TR'6's exclusively, no doubt....{smile}
L.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
I posted the link to a graphic that tells you what plugs to use last week. Its used over at NLOC (that's where I got it). If you do a search you should be able to find it :thumbsup:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194859

Thanks :beer: . Like I said, I remember seeing that thread,...just couldn't remember who posted it or the name of it. My memory is going fast...
God, I MISS MY TWENTIES :bash: Look out midlife crisis, here I come :bash: .

Last edited:

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
So, according to the PlugChart...For 13lbs of boost the NGK-BR7EF plug should be used. :shrug: Damnit, who's right? You guys (NGK-TR6), or that PlugChart? :shrug: :bash: :cuss: :whine: :cryying:

OH-MAN

Established Member
TR-6 plugs seem to work pretty well even in 6# pulley trucks
I will be changing to them soon. Using denso 22s right now, expensive compared to the TR6s.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Thanks Steve :beer: . If they work with 6lb pullied trucks, they should do fine with the 5lber. That chart is probably a very good guide. But there's nothing like real world experience.

OK, so once again...TR6s it will be. :beer: I'm also considering that Herb said the TR-7s gave his L some low end stumble and that they may have been too cold. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread