E-brake button rattling....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the first time I've heard of the emergency brake button rattling. Did it just start? Is your dealer mod friendly? If so, have him look at it.

davbrucas

Banned
its been doing this for a while now. i just figured out that it is the ebrake...i had thought it was in the dash but it isnt. i wonder if adding an aftermarket ebrake handle will fix it?

RJCobra

Established Member
Mine does it too. Mostly between 2000-2500 rpms. Dealer offered to replace the handle, but those gorillas would probably end up messing something else up. The center console would have to be removed. I have a little piece of paper that I roll up and stick it in the gap between the handle and button. Turning it didn't work for me.

The Aftermarket e-brake handle does not replace the button. At least MGW's doesn't. I think it just slides over the top of the stock handle.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
RJCobra said:
I have a little piece of paper that I roll up and stick it in the gap between the handle and button. Turning it didn't work for me.

Hmmmm.....I might have to try that. This rattle is driving me crazy.....thanks for the tip man!!!!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread