Does an Eaton fit under a stock '99 hood?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'm in the process of installing my Eaton coversion, and am wondering if it will fit under the stock hood. I haven't got to that point yet, but before I do, I would like to prepare for whatever I have to do next (hood?).

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
Yes it will sam! Are you going to build the motor in this thing before you stick it on? I'd like to see the car sometime. How much did you pick up all the parts for?

19COBRA93 said:
I'm in the process of installing my Eaton coversion, and am wondering if it will fit under the stock hood. I haven't got to that point yet, but before I do, I would like to prepare for whatever I have to do next (hood?).

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
It's just not the most efficient setup for the money. I sometimes wonder if quadcammer has sand in his pussy or something sometimes though. :-D

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I know full well it's not the most efficient setup, but it was a deal I simply couldn't pass up. It will be enough to get me by until I can build the turbo setup and motor I want, and it will be limited just enough to keep the stock motor alive.

I personally don't like centrifical superchargers, so for $2,500 this was the best option for now.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Im going to do the eaton conversion if i can get the kit for a good price... i just like the roots style blower and any hp over the stock amount is new to me...
So 19cobra93, if you dont mind and have the time, email me a list of everypart needed.. Thanks
Keith

GodStang

Established Member
I did the eaton conversion and love it. WElll ok I sold my 01 and bought and 03. Now I have a Kenne Bell and need to sell my eaton.

snowmancobra

Established Member
I look at it this way

9 psi 462 rwhp for the eaton
same psi for kenne bell I have seen about 400-430 rwhp from guys here unless I have missed something

Procharger and vortech are making 440 ish with the same boost.

That whine is INSANE and you get instant boost I love the set up. is it worth the money? HELL NO, but when it was done I felt better

Users who are viewing this thread