GSXR 600 vs 03 Cobra w/ pulley and tune

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Well a bunch of my friends and me were on our way back from the track last friday and we all decided to do some runs on the way back. We stopped at a gas station and decided where we wanted to eat. I was on my 05 GSXR 600 riding with my buddy on his 05 R6. Well another friend in a 03 Cobra that had been running 93mph in decent weather said he wanted to run my bike from a roll and see how he did. I agreed and we all were on our way to go eat. The Cobra and me lined up from about a 60mph roll and I geared down and so did he. I let him get the jump first and then I was off. I immediately closed the gap and started pulling. I even missed a gear and still pulled on him bad. Well I fooled around some with the R6 and Bussa some and then the 03 Cobra and me lined up again. This time from about a 45mph roll I would say. I geared down to 1st and again let him get the jump. This time I didn't miss any gears and by 160mph I had about 6 or 7 carlengths on him I would guess. Then a 407rwhp cammed LS1 6 speed ran me and I just kept it in 6th gear at about 70mph and just played with him. My point is I don't see how some of the kills here are legit. I've been riding for about half a year so I'm by far not the best rider. So I don't see how there are stories of 440rwhp Cobras beating a new 600cc sport bike. :rolleyes:

And both the owner of the R6 and 03 Cobra are members here. Anyways was fun seeing where my slow bike stands in the car food chain. :-D

Stopsign32v

Established Member
:lol: No I don't hate them. Was just posting this since there have been alot of bike "kills".

RixSikcobra04

Stopsign32v said:
Well a bunch of my friends and me were on our way back from the track last friday and we all decided to do some runs on the way back. We stopped at a gas station and decided where we wanted to eat. I was on my 05 GSXR 600 riding with my buddy on his 05 R6. Well another friend in a 03 Cobra that had been running 93mph in decent weather said he wanted to run my bike from a roll and see how he did. I agreed and we all were on our way to go eat. The Cobra and me lined up from about a 60mph roll and I geared down and so did he. I let him get the jump first and then I was off. I immediately closed the gap and started pulling. I even missed a gear and still pulled on him bad. Well I fooled around some with the R6 and Bussa some and then the 03 Cobra and me lined up again. This time from about a 45mph roll I would say. I geared down to 1st and again let him get the jump. This time I didn't miss any gears and by 160mph I had about 6 or 7 carlengths on him I would guess. Then a 407rwhp cammed LS1 6 speed ran me and I just kept it in 6th gear at about 70mph and just played with him. My point is I don't see how some of the kills here are legit. I've been riding for about half a year so I'm by far not the best rider. So I don't see how there are stories of 440rwhp Cobras beating a new 600cc sport bike. :rolleyes:

And both the owner of the R6 and 03 Cobra are members here. Anyways was fun seeing where my slow bike stands in the car food chain. :-D

I eat 600's for lunch...without the spray. :thumbsup: I think that it's reasonable that a properly tuned pullied Cobra can give a 600 a run. Remember, also, that Cobras have a rev limiter set to about 150, so you're gonna pull after that speed. Honestly, though, I think it takes a bit more than 440 rwhp to beat a 600. I'm thinkin' more in the 475 range. :thumbsup:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
I eat 600's for lunch...without the spray. :thumbsup:

I'd put money down saying your 512rwhp Cobra won't even pull my 600. :thumbsup: Better turn the bottle on. :D

Stopsign32v

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
I eat 600's for lunch...without the spray. :thumbsup: I think that it's reasonable that a properly tuned pullied Cobra can give a 600 a run. Remember, also, that Cobras have a rev limiter set to about 150, so you're gonna pull after that speed. Honestly, though, I think it takes a bit more than 440 rwhp to beat a 600. I'm thinkin' more in the 475 range. :thumbsup:

What mph does your Cobra run in the 1/4th off the spray? Or even the 1/8th?

Darkness

Established Member
i'm gonna call :bs: just kidding i was the one on the r6 and saw this happen in person and i also have it on tape.......... i will also put money down saying that rixsik wouldnt eat stopsigns 600

Darkness

Established Member
Matts00GT said:
Post the tape then.

if best buy would have sold me the right cord i would but i'm gonna have to go back and get another cord and i'm not gonna have time to do that til sat so looks like ur gonna have to wait there son

Eatonup

Established Member
A properly ridden newer 600 will walk a pullied Cobra up to about 130 then the Cobra will slowly start pulling back. BTW a 60MPH roll is not a good speed for a Cobra to start from. The kills that you read about could easily be legit. I've beaten a couple of 600's from a 80-150 roll before when my car was only making 460RWHP. I've also been walked by a couple of 600's. It's all in the rider and the speed that you start from.

RixSikcobra04

Stopsign32v said:
What mph does your Cobra run in the 1/4th off the spray? Or even the 1/8th?[/QU

My car runs 126 mph w/o spray, 130 with. Unless you have a modded 600, you aren't gonna touch me, bro. Plain and simple. I've beaten every 600 that I've raced. It's cool just watchin' 'em trying to keep up as they slowly fade back. I know you think your Gixxer is fast, which it is for the most part, but don't bite off more than you can chew. BTW, numbers in sig are BEFORE the 4# lower was put on.

DARKNESS,
You would lose your money. So don't bet too much.

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

2002_500HP

Banned
Well i've been riding for about 5 years now and my K4 750 dyno tuned 115 (without my N2O) Hp rwp hasn't lost to a car at the strip, and i'll line up with anybody as if i win or lose atleast i'm racing...you have to take some of these stories for what they are. I will add that i did lose to a Black Mamba Edt Viper on the street. i believed for a long time nothing could touch a bike but it can be done with the right car as rule of purpose i say that anything 500rwhp and up is a serious race.

RixSikcobra04

2002_500HP said:
Well i've been riding for about 5 years now and my K4 750 dyno tuned 115 (without my N2O) Hp rwp hasn't lost to a car at the strip, and i'll line up with anybody as if i win or lose atleast i'm racing...you have to take some of these stories for what they are. I will add that i did lose to a Black Mamba Edt Viper on the street. i believed for a long time nothing could touch a bike but it can be done with the right car as rule of purpose i say that anything 500rwhp and up is a serious race.

+1 :beer:

Your 750 on the spray must be off the hook! :eek:

dru440

Established Member
i think a cobra with 520+rwhp and cutting 1.5x 60 foots is gonna be able to beat your 600 from a dig in a quarter mile race , ofcourse what i just mentioned depending on weight is a 10.99 cobra

2002_500HP

Banned
Rix, the first time i took it to the strip, after i got'll it hooked up...it was freaky scary when i hit the N2O,i'll have to dig up the N2O slips and get the times, since it has a race body and new paint no one knows what size it is but they see the N2O stapped to the rear peg bracket and usually wanna run i let alot of them pass and wonder...but i can tell you when i hit the N2O the rear wheel barks at me...i'll try to dig up some pics as i just suffered a crash on my pc.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
My car runs 126 mph w/o spray, 130 with. Unless you have a modded 600, you aren't gonna touch me, bro. Plain and simple. I've beaten every 600 that I've raced. It's cool just watchin' 'em trying to keep up as they slowly fade back. I know you think your Gixxer is fast, which it is for the most part, but don't bite off more than you can chew. BTW, numbers in sig are BEFORE the 4# lower was put on.

DARKNESS,
You would lose your money. So don't bet too much.

:beer:

You only picked up 4mph with a 150 shot on a 03 Cobra? Figured it would be higher than that. Either way that is fine, off the spray I would be more than happy to put up a gamblers race with my 600 against your Cobra. :D Say 40mph until I top out? Since you "eat 600s for lunch". :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
The bike kill stories are true. In the 3+ years of owning my 03, i've raced over many sport bikes- one time 7 of them at once.

Most bikes from a dig will put 1-3 or more cars on me, some are more even. From a low-speed roll, it's about 0-2 cars for the bike. From high freeway speeds, very few bikes can pull away, and those that do, only for few seconds, if that. With 2 exceptions (both Busa's), when allowed to run flat out, I've caught and passed every single bike I've ever raced.

I've had more than a few riders pull up, post race, flip open their viser and make comments like "damn, that thing is fast" or (from an older red R1) "NICE...(looking over the car)...how much did you pay for that thing?".

On the other side, I will say that there is a BIG difference between bikes of (what I think) are simular calibar (go ahead, correct me..). I can put a car length on a Ducatti 749 by 4th gear, then i pull away. The CBR-600RR is noticably more challanging, especially from a dig. Late model Zx-6R, GSX-R600, R6 bikes are a LOT harder to keep up with at anything below 100mph. Hayabusa- BUS LENGTHS, although i *think* I might have slowed their pulling away from me around 130, but the damn things were so far ahead I couldn't really tell :D

Users who are viewing this thread