I finally did it tonight...wooohooooo

TRBO VNM

well I made it to the track. sat there for about 30min doing some logging and testing with the 2-step before I made any runs. picked what I thought was best and went to make a pass.

to start, the 2step is 12volt activated and I am using a momentary switch for that and right now I have to release the switch and clutch at the same time to get off the line properly. I already have an idea of what to do so I don't have to deal with that or worry about releasing a switch.

first pass bogged because of releasing the clutch before the switch, but pulled a 1.7x, 60'. this is on 20#. Get this, something we always talk about when wanting that first 10......10.999 @ 134.8x. So I was pretty damn stoked and knew there was a lot more in it with a launch like I had.

So I decided to up the boost. where I set it I thought I should see about 22-23#. I hot lapped the car. It came out of the hole pretty good. didn't seem like it bogged, but did come out slow. so I knew the run was good.

pulled around and got my slip. 10.73 @ 132.9x. my 60' was better at 1.66 and my 1/8 ET was like 6.8, but my 1/8 and 1/4 mph were slower than the first pass.

so I figured the car was just hot and talked to Lund and he said the same and thought it pulled timing. so I parked it and let it cool for one more run and looked around the engine bay for the hell of it. come to find out my IAT1 sensor blew out of the intake pipe. long story, but the sensor wasn't designed to be there. I modified the pipe for the sensor to do some testing and stuff, but found out I didn't need it there and haven't had a change to weld a plate to cover the hole. I am waiting on a new pipe anyway from hellion.

so at some point during that last run the sensor blew out and I lost boost. I know the boost peaked at 20.2 and I was shocked it was so low for the changes I made on my controller. but the sensor blowing out is why. So I ran a better time than before, but at a slower mph. I can only imagine what the ET would have been if it didn't bleed off boost.

oh well, working on getting it fixed for this weekend.

TRBO VNM

RedfireBeast said:
Congrats Bro your gettin there..can't wait for this Saturday.

well I finally accomplished the goal I set out when I had my 92.

Drive to the track, run a 10 and drive home. Done!!! next goal?? hmmm, 9's?

Venimus03

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
well I finally accomplished the goal I set out when I had my 92.

Drive to the track, run a 10 and drive home. Done!!! next goal?? hmmm, 9's?

Badass man :rockon: . What do you have your two step set at? Have you read the May issue of MMFF's, TURBO Revolution. They did a hellion set up on an 04 Cobra and it made 847rwhp on 24# of boost. That might be able to get you a 9sec pass :banana:

TRBO VNM

Venimus03 said:
Badass man :rockon: . What do you have your two step set at? Have you read the May issue of MMFF's, TURBO Revolution. They did a hellion set up on an 04 Cobra and it made 847rwhp on 24# of boost. That might be able to get you a 9sec pass :banana:

that was Nate's car. HellionCobra

the mph will be there for 9's, but not sure if I can drive it there. gotta remember I am full weight and not even power shifting right now. I have spare tire, jack and everything in there. I have the JL audio stealth box, amp and now cage.

Venimus03

Established Member
14745PNOS.jpg
;-)

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Jason, it doesn't surprise me! You pretty much had a 10 with the eaton that day at Capitol. I wanna see a 9sec. pass bro..... :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
first pass bogged because of releasing the clutch before the switch, but pulled a 1.7x, 60'. this is on 20#. Get this, something we always talk about when wanting that first 10......10.999 @ 134.8x. So I was pretty damn stoked and knew there was a lot more in it with a launch like I had.

So I decided to up the boost. where I set it I thought I should see about 22-23#. I hot lapped the car. It came out of the hole pretty good. didn't seem like it bogged, but did come out slow. so I knew the run was good.

pulled around and got my slip. 10.73 @ 132.9x. my 60' was better at 1.66 and my 1/8 ET was like 6.8, but my 1/8 and 1/4 mph were slower than the first pass.

Freakin awesome, Jason :rockon:

You've achieved the goal you set out for. Gotta be a good feeling :thumbsup:

Now set your sights on the 9s!! And I agree with the picture posted by Venimus03 :rockon:

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
Congrats Jay, Did You Make Another Pass After It Cooled Down Or Did You Run Out Of Time. Great Job. Soon Enough You'll Be Down There With Me Or Faster. I Can't Wait To Get Mine Running On 8 Cyl. And See What It Will Do. Good Luck Get That Damn Pipe Changed Before Sat.

TRBO VNM

F8LBITE said:
Congrats Jay, Did You Make Another Pass After It Cooled Down Or Did You Run Out Of Time. Great Job. Soon Enough You'll Be Down There With Me Or Faster. I Can't Wait To Get Mine Running On 8 Cyl. And See What It Will Do. Good Luck Get That Damn Pipe Changed Before Sat.

no more passes since the sensor blew out. all I would be doing is bleeding off boost and it would be a waste of time, gas and money. so I packed it up and was pretty damn pleased.

I was nervous as crap with the coordination between the clutch and switch to make sure I was doing it at the right time. since I got that down I am very relieved of that.

I am calling hellion today to see if I can get a pipe overnighted. if not, I will have a plate welded on to close the hole. worse case I will buy another sensor and tie wrap that bitch on there. :beer:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Congrats Jason!!! Next time you "sneak" to the track, give me a call, I can be your pitcrew...And maybe, just maybe, I can get my "turd" to run a decent time for the power that it is making. But I think that will require a new driver....

TRBO VNM

RAWSN8K said:
Congrats Jason!!! Next time you "sneak" to the track, give me a call, I can be your pitcrew...And maybe, just maybe, I can get my "turd" to run a decent time for the power that it is making. But I think that will require a new driver....

sorry Todd. would have been nice to have someone else there. Mike King was there driving someone elses car. I did meet one other svtp member there, silver gt. I feel bad forgetting his name and I know his username started with Sun.....something. I had a lot going through my mind with the car and 2-step.

anyway, I should be back to MIR in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread