okay, back by excessive pleading we are offering a RACE handle for the new shifter>>>

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

well with the new shifter design i changed about a year ago the orange handle is actually as short as the old blue handle but has better reach than the red. so i figured why offer a short stubby handle that only appeals to a smal percentage of hard core guys that do not care about ergonomics but just want the absoltue shortest extreme feel.

soooooo.....

i amde an even shorter handle that we will now offer . i am not going to anodize them as it is strictly cosmetic for when we had the old red and blue to distinguish so they will come in raw billet. all business no bling as one member said ;-)

here are a few pics...

compared to the orange handle which again is as short as the old blue handle was already.

mgwrace1.jpg

mgwrace2.jpg

if anybody wants one before i get them on the site just call up peggy or julie or nikki and you can get one shipped by tuesday of next week.

price 29.00

regards
george

anaxagoras

Established Member
will this handle work for those of us with the original shifter that we got with the blue/red handles?

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
anaxagoras said:
will this handle work for those of us with the original shifter that we got with the blue/red handles?

it will work but it will not give you a shorter throw than the blue handle. the shifter itself is lower on the new design which is why this handle would be lower than the blue on the new shifter. it would be the same height as your blue on your old shifter BUT will give better reach though since it has the 10 degree offset the old blue did not.

regards
george

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
So would this handle give better reach for those of us with the orange handle? Im a short guy and I have trouble reaching as it is, if this will improve my reach then I might grab one.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I wanna know when a sale or group buy takes place.. I sold my tri-ax and I NEED another shifter, the stock one sucks..

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I'd probably buy this thing but I'm liking my blue handle, and as you put it, it seems pointless to get the new handle since I can reach the blue just fine.

Your products rock BTW!!! :rockon:

01vert

Established Member
um, that UPR handle was made first by MGW if I remember correctly. Had the handle, barely makes any difference to me in adjustment, like the MGW much better

Stopsign32v

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Couldn't you make the handle adjustable like UPR's so one would suit everybody?

extreme_stick_LRG.gif

Where have you been? MGW made one before UPR. I know because I have it! :D

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Where have you been? MGW made one before UPR. I know because I have it! :D

Sorry I don't normally follow the shifter handle market on a week to week basis, can't figure out all the rage over a new handle that's 1/4" shorter than the old one. :p

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Sorry I don't normally follow the shifter handle market on a week to week basis, can't figure out all the rage over a new handle that's 1/4" shorter than the old one. :p

:lol:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
viperbluelx said:

only that it's kind of "rubbing it in" to George that UPR rips everyone off, and you post a pic of UPR's EXACT KNOCK-OFF of George's handle...i kinda laughed...but i also know what kind of thieving, no-customer-service-having bastards UPR is, i would never buy from them...George on the other hand really knows how to take care of his customers, as well as the fact that he is THE innovator in billet pieces, and the shifter is HANDS DOWN the best on the market for stangs...

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
which is shorter the tri ax i have on my GT now or the new race shifter that MGW offers? and how much will the kit be with race handle? thanks!

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
quick01snake said:
only that it's kind of "rubbing it in" to George that UPR rips everyone off, and you post a pic of UPR's EXACT KNOCK-OFF of George's handle...i kinda laughed...but i also know what kind of thieving, no-customer-service-having bastards UPR is, i would never buy from them...George on the other hand really knows how to take care of his customers, as well as the fact that he is THE innovator in billet pieces, and the shifter is HANDS DOWN the best on the market for stangs...

I didn't know they offered an adjustable one. I know without a doubt MGW makes the nicest shifter on the market! So they offer a blue, orange, unfinished, or adjustable handle now?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
I didn't know they offered an adjustable one. I know without a doubt MGW makes the nicest shifter on the market! So they offer a blue, orange, unfinished, or adjustable handle now?

No blue handle anymore...however the adjustable one happens to be blue... :poke: Kinda confusing

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The adjustable handle that is pictured and is being discussed does not work with the MGW shifter. It only works with stock style shifters with a bolt on handle (stock, steeda, pro 5.0, etc.).

The MGW shifter and it's handles are already adjustable. They can be rotated about the shifter 360*.

BTW, I've used many aftermarket shifters and the MGW is easily the best. I have that along with their interior billet pieces and I wouldn't ever buy billet from anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread