Brake cooling ducts

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Anthony,
One of our SVTP members sells this kit for 50 bucks for the ducts alone. I got the 60 dollar kit that includes the hose, zip ties, nuts, bolts and washers.
Took me and my son about an hour and half, this includes photos shoot time and instruction time with my son. Here is Anthony's info.
--------

Dale,
How'd the install go? Did you get it all put together and cinched down? How was the fitment? Let me know if you had any troubles or have any complaints or concerns. I appreciate your business and any feedback you might have to help me market a better product.

Thank you,
Anthony Dail
Midcontinent Mustangs
(785)658-5921
Everything you need for cooler brakes
Free shipping to the first 10 customers!
-Click the link for pics of the backing plates-
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kjenk...m?.dir=/6799re2

Here is the parts inventory of the 60 dollar kit:
2 duct plates
two 5 ft hose
4 bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts:
67354.jpg

Ease of install: Used 7/16 and 11mm wrenches to tighten the bolts and washers. I did not have to remove the rotors (use 15mm socket) since I had already drilled the brake shields previously and had a high temp hose installed. I had to clip a small section of the high temp hose to slide it over the duct extensions then I used a 4 in clamp to hold everything in place.
67355.jpg

So easy my son did most of the work:
67356.jpg

This is a quality piece especially for the price, gents you can't go wrong. The only problem was the passenger side hole was about 1/8inch too short. I just loosened up the lower attaching point and used that play to start the top bolt. It tightened up nicely. I could have easily expanded the hole with a drill but the way I did it worked out just fine. Great price easy install! Thanks to Anthony for saving me about 100 bucks from what a bunch of other guys charged.

Last edited by a moderator:

UCBeau

Does he have an email address, I want this too..should go well with those Focus RS brakes I wanna get in August ;)

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
He goes by:
99COBRA2881
His phone info is in the original post. Look up one of his posts...hold on.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
DaleM said:
He goes by:
99COBRA2881
His phone info is in the original post. Look up one of his posts...hold on.

He said he was going to put something together!! Looks like he did a GREAT JOB!!!
He's a good guy!!! I'm picking up a set of these for sure!!!

I've been running with just the hose since before my 1st event... the AIR MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! These ducts will make it just that much better!

Thank's for the heads up Dale!!! :thumbsup: :beer:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Real easy install. You'll have to remove the brake shield with a drill and then punch out the rivets. The bolts for the kit fit in the holes left from the rivets. I used my high temp hose, his kit does come with hose (the 60 dollar version).

Anthony was tired of people charging 150-200 bucks for these kits. Made his own and then thought about the rest of us regular guys! My hat is off to Anthony!

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Count me in on this... quick question though. There will be no problem if a bigger brake kit is installed (Brembo Cobra R kit comes to mind) or coilover setup, right?

Looking at the pictures (and going by your above post) there shouldnt be a problem but figured i would ask anyway.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mike K said:
Count me in on this... quick question though. There will be no problem if a bigger brake kit is installed (Brembo Cobra R kit comes to mind) or coilover setup, right?

Looking at the pictures (and going by your above post) there shouldnt be a problem but figured i would ask anyway.
Mike,
If you look at the second picture you will see there is no worry. The big bolt on the left is the 15mm bolt head for the calipers. The two silver bolts on the right are the upper and lower bolts for the cooling duct. I did not take the rotors off since my son and I tag teamed this job.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Thanks... i didnt think it woudl be a big deal... as a matter of fact payment is already on the way :beer: now time for bigger brakes :D

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mike K said:
Thanks... i didnt think it woudl be a big deal... as a matter of fact payment is already on the way :beer: now time for bigger brakes :D
Just one bit of advice. Make sure you check the steering clearance while you have the car on stands or a lift. The front of my wheel would have rubbed the hose if I left it in the spot I initially selected to zip tie it to.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Thanks for the tip... hopefully i remember when i install the kit in september.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Mike K said:
Thanks for the tip... hopefully i remember when i install the kit in september.
Don't get too many beers at the Wagon Wheel!

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Nice.

I wish Anthony was making these about four months ago when I bought mine. I think I paid over twice what he's charging and that didn't include the hose.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
That's why I started making them. I couldn't see spending as much money on brake cooling ducts/hose as I normally spend for a weekend on track. I'm glad to help others out and pass the savings on.

I appreciate all the interest in my backing plates. As for the orders that have been placed, I'm working on the plates and will get them shipped out later this week. Ill send everyone out a pm to confirm that the plates have shipped.

If you guys have any questions please call.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
That's why I started making them. I couldn't see spending as much money on brake cooling ducts/hose as I normally spend for a weekend on track. I'm glad to help others out and pass the savings on.

I appreciate all the interest in my backing plates. As for the orders that have been placed, I'm working on the plates and will get them shipped out later this week. Ill send everyone out a pm to confirm that the plates have shipped.

If you guys have any questions please call.

Anthony Dail
(785)658-5921
Anthony, I never heard back from you for the two pairs you were making for me and my buddy with a 93 Cobra with 5 lug conversion. Shannon

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hersheyman said:
Anthony, I never heard back from you for the two pairs you were making for me and my buddy with a 93 Cobra with 5 lug conversion. Shannon
I'd call him but I am assuming you did not. He responded quickly to all my PMs. ??? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread