How do I use the PC?

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I know this is stupid but I dont know which pad to use with what and when.. I see everyone talking about orance and white and polishing pads but whats the difference? Next week I will be purchasing products to detail my car with from Scott P and I dont know which products to get or which pads to use them with.. Also the speeds on the PC is kinda confusing to me too.. I dont want to ruin my car, my paint has so much potential cause its like a friggin mirror but the closer you get the more swirls you see..

I also ran my fingernail across the paint in various areas and there are no deep scratches. All I see is a very dense layer of surface scratches like some SERIOUS swirls and stuff.. Thats the only real problems with the paint. So basically what im asking is what products would you recommend and what pads, speeds and when do I make the speed and pad changes..

Oh, and also after I apply a coat of product do I wipe it off by hand?

Sorry Im so ignorant, Im new to this.. Thanks for your patience guys.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
01_OXFORD_SVT said:
Dude, that is hands down the best piece of information ever posted in the history of SVTP.. Thank you man.. :bowdown: :bowdown:

If your car is already nice, you only need a mild cutting pad to use with ssr 2.5

then just usse a polishing pad with ssr 1.

SRR's take high speeds too, and very little product.

Users who are viewing this thread