My no longer pristine 04 R1

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I crashed due to dirt on a corner. Helmet saved my life but I did break my collar bone into 4 pieces and had to have surgery to get it back together so here are some pics. To all wear proper safety gear helmets, gloves boots etc etc and seat belts, because you never know when you might need them!

My goofy ass after surgery
Photo-0004.jpg

the only road rash I got right above my crack
Photo-0005.jpg

my pristine 04 R1
IMG_0551.jpg

and after sorry about quailty broke my camera in accident too
Photo-0006.jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

99chitownsgt

student-always learning
Established Member
been there done that. but everyone wrecks a least once, usually more depending on how stupid you are. good to hear your ok for the most part, the bike and peices are replacable.

Blown98Snake

Sportin' a Mullet
Established Member
Damn that sux, my buddy got a CBR 600RR and dropped it within a week(trying to stand it up). He didn't have any protective gear specific for a bike and got all tore up. He also cracked the block on the bike and scraped it all up. He's ok, and now has full protective gear. Anyway, gear is the way to go and hope your surgery goes alright and good luck with the R1.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i'd be more interested in your x-rays--i've only fixed one clavicle fracture--you just don't usually have to operate on them.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
damn that sux just as long as you are able to live life and laugh about it late then it will be fine. Hope you can either fix your bike or get enough to buy another one.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
well, you know what they say. there are two types of riders. those who have laid a bike down, and those who are going to lay a bike down. thats why i sold my superhawk. and now i want one so bad it hurts

JacobK

Established Member
wow man, at least your alright..I just bought a bike..a 2006 GSXR 600, my first bike i bought, ive ridden a few buddies and everything, and have been riding stuff like this for years, but all it takes is 1 time..

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks everyone, the oxycodone works wonders. The only real bad part about this is everyone is now badgering me about selling my bike, but I guess what are friends and family for other than to look out for your well being. I'll try and see what I can do about x-ray pics, they are pretty crazy. I saw the ones after they reduced it at the er and it kinda made an a capital A. jacobk thats a good bike but remember to always wear ALL of your gear, I would be in alot worse shape if I had not been wearing everything. again thanks and sorry about incomprehensible posts, the wonders of oxycodone!

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Did the same thing on my r6 this past june...even broke the same collar bone but luckily it was a single fracture and has healed remarkably well. I lost the front going about 15mph in the rain as I applied the brake to come into a right-hander. Best of luck on the healing process and don't worry about the bike...04-06 r1's are everywhere.

Last edited:

snake bite 03

your lucky a kid i went to HS with just died monday night in a bike crash. second person in 2 years that i have known to die on a bike...

Users who are viewing this thread