331rwhp f-body vs 509 rwhp ported 03 cobra

PIXER

Banned
Is this your car?
ANy chance this was in Kansas? I know there was some asshole when I lived there who just loved his camaro's, always was saying how little it had done and why all mustangs sucked, blah blah blah.

Bu then you look in the car its completely gutted, he's on slicks, and geared, and umm yeah, lsi's came w/ iron blocks stock right:kaboom:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Yeah, all you proved is that you are the better driver. That Cobra seemed to walk by with little trouble once he sorted things out. Nice try!

-Mike

linn.35

street racing legend
Established Member
PIXER said:
Is this your car?
ANy chance this was in Kansas? I know there was some asshole when I lived there who just loved his camaro's, always was saying how little it had done and why all mustangs sucked, blah blah blah.

Bu then you look in the car its completely gutted, he's on slicks, and geared, and umm yeah, lsi's came w/ iron blocks stock right:kaboom:

No, i live in Columbus, OH. During that race i still had KDWs on my car.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Interesting vid .. having owned both (a 2001 SS w/ different mods) .. I would have to say there is something someone isn't telling us. Either the Cobra can't drive or there is more than the rwhp numbers on that fbody (serious weight reduction etc).

Not to say it could never happen, but my cobra in its current state would beat my SS when I had 381rwhp or even 406rwhp ....

linn.35

street racing legend
Established Member
when my car was making 331rwhp i was out running 360 rwhp f-bodies. My camaro has always been faster then similarly modded f-bodies and everyone has called it the factory freak.

here is an example:
camera car is a mild cammed (similar specs to the 02 zo6 cam) ls1 with 3:73
gears. this is when my car was making 331 rwhp.

first race i get the jump, second race i spray him, third race the video starts in the middle and the last race camera car gets the jump.

races begin at the 1:15 mark

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Good driving, but no offense that cobra owner must have been the worst driver ever considering he had over 170 more hp on you (and no passenger?) and could barely catch up. Either way good runs.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Yes something is up there.

I have an 04 Cobra with K&N FIPK X pipe, catback. Thats it. I am about 420 WHP.

My brother has an 01 SS 6MT with 4:10s, long tubes, catback, lid and K&N drop in. He is about 320 WHP.

From a roll I beat him without issue. From a dig it is whoever gets the jump until 90-100, then my car pulls away from him.

Ashley

PIXER

Banned
LargeOrangeFont said:
Yes something is up there.

I have an 04 Cobra with K&N FIPK X pipe, catback. Thats it. I am about 420 WHP.

My brother has an 01 SS 6MT with 4:10s, long tubes, catback, lid and K&N drop in. He is about 320 WHP.

From a roll I beat him without issue. From a dig it is whoever gets the jump until 90-100, then my car pulls away from him.

Ashley

Its gotta piss him off getting beat by his little/ big sister.:lol1:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
linn.35 said:
when my car was making 331rwhp i was out running 360 rwhp f-bodies. My camaro has always been faster then similarly modded f-bodies and everyone has called it the factory freak.

here is an example:
camera car is a mild cammed (similar specs to the 02 zo6 cam) ls1 with 3:73
gears. this is when my car was making 331 rwhp.

first race i get the jump, second race i spray him, third race the video starts in the middle and the last race camera car gets the jump.

races begin at the 1:15 mark

What type of gears are you running now? I do know they make up some difference as when I had my 98 cobra w/ 4.10 gears and only ~286rwhp, I could keep up with some LS1s on the street (although I'm sure I didn't have a 170+rwhp difference than them )...

Thanks,
Crowley

Last edited:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
hahahahaha

you ran a 13.1 @ 110

500 hp cars run should run a tad quicker than that dont ya think ;) silly ls1's tell him to learn how to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread