fox mustang 1 piece headlights?

blackvert

Established Member
Has anyone bought an set of 1 piece headlights for their cobra yet? Looking to get some opinions on quality......found some on ebay much cheaper than most distributors.

mustangtuning_1920_9531839
mustangtuning_1920_9625709

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
I believe it was 5.0M&SF magazine that just installed some in the back of an issue, they were very happy with the quality. (if you trust that) I'm curious as well, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the look yet. I toggle between loving and hating it. I like the one piece idea, but... not sure. I'm hoping they start showing up on feature cars soon so I can maybe get a better idea if I like the look. MT has a pretty good rep for quality though, I think.

blackvert

Established Member
Well I just bid on a pair of the black ones for my 89 GT..ebay is selling them for around $50 cheaper than the MustangTuning.com site and they are the same item. I'll let you guys know when I get them. :pepper:

blackvert

Established Member
of course!

just have to ask them why their shipping is $40....is this Next Day Air for $40?:loser:

blackvert

Established Member
shipped on the 1st......should be here by monday :coolman:

What size MT's are you running on your cobra BEN?

also working out a deal for a 306 with performer heads and comp XE274 cam....:pepper: maybe I can finally run that GT40 plate kit.

Last edited:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
blackvert said:
shipped on the 1st......should be here by monday :coolman:

What size MT's are you running on your cobra BEN?

also working out a deal for a 306 with performer heads and comp XE274 cam....:pepper: maybe I can finally run that GT40 plate kit.

I will be watching for pics to be posted of them on the car.

svtdriven

Established Member
It be nice if they had them with a more stock looking front lense. I like the more subtle look. definitaly post pics when you get them on!

blackvert

Established Member
The suspense is killing me! :lol1:

should be here monday on tuesday judging by the Fedex tracker

RioRed4v

Established Member
if anyone cant wait for pics, check corral under the body shop forum. there is about a 20 page thread regarding these, with plenty of pics. imo, they dont look right on a fox.

blackvert

Established Member
eh, I think misaligned headlamps and parking lamps don't look right either....

ditto the corral...like a bunch of shit slingers

blackvert

Established Member
installed these damn things today....VERY POOR Fitment! Had to take my round file and open up the bolt holes in the fiberglass bumper support, then had to cut off one mounting stud for them to sit flush inside the bumper....I wound up bottoming out the stud before the assembly would sit inside the headlamp area.

My car was in a previous, minor front end wreck, so that might explain the fitment issue, but otherwise I really don't think that a $180 set of headlamps should have to be modified to fit.:cuss:

Now I want to remove the cowl hood and put the stocker on to close the gap above the headlights.

DSC00167.gif

DSC00170.gif

DSC00169.gif

should have some night pics with the HID's soon:D

Last edited:

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I like. Can you post some larger pics? My cowl hood wasn't trimmed properly when installed so the gap that you are experiencing is similar to how mine was.

Last edited:

blackvert

Established Member
that's what I get for cheaping out on a hood.....shoulda bought cervinis.

i just realized that the pics were taken with the protective plastic still on the lenses....here they are today.

DSC00174.gif

DSC00173.gif

DSC00171.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread