Where can I purchase new sunroof replacement parts?

cobra 93

Established Member
I need some replacement bolts/screws for my 1993 Cobra Mustang sunroof? I have looked online without any luck for sunroof replacent accessories. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
1993 Cobra
Black/Grey
DSS 306 Supercharged :rockon:

Hec332

SBF W/Twin 76's Street Car
Established Member
I meet Matt at the ffw at moroso in October, Real nice guy..........

SVTCobraLTD

SVT Racing
Established Member
Anyone ever have the sun roof leak? Mine drips if I wash it or drive in the rain (which i dont anymore). I believe its the two bolts that go through the glass to the black plate on the top, but cannot seem to get them out and I am afriad I will crack the glass if I try too hard.

SVT

04silversnake

Established Member
SVTCobraLTD said:
Anyone ever have the sun roof leak? Mine drips if I wash it or drive in the rain (which i dont anymore). I believe its the two bolts that go through the glass to the black plate on the top, but cannot seem to get them out and I am afriad I will crack the glass if I try too hard.

SVT
Mine used to leak. What I did was put silicone under the weatherstriping that goes to the roof. I applied just enough under it, where it touches the metal roof, giving it a better seal. It stopped the leaking completely. Also, it was a new weatherstriping.
I got them at FordPartsCheap.com, but I tried the website and does not seem to be working.

stangbear427

Established Member
SVTCobraLTD said:

SVT
If it's those bolt holes leaking, it will literally drip from the bottom of the bolts. There is a hex head set screw in each one that has to be loosened before you can remove the bolts, which is probably why you couldn't get them out. They are important! They keep the bolts from loosening, because if you over-tighten them they will rip the little tin plate (through/outside the glass) that they screw into and then you'll be ****'d. Just tighten until they're snug, then lock them back in with the hex screws.
What happens is that there's a thin plastic gasket outside between that plate and the glass, which loses it's seal after a few years and lets the water right in. Every factory sunroof 'stang I've had did this, amongst other things. a little gasket material, silicone, permatex, etc. under the plate/around the holes will fix it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread