Phoenix/Tempe folks...need a little help

rtdakota

Established Member
My girlfriend will be running in the Phoenix Marathon on the 14th of January and I was hoping to get some insider information namely from the folks in the tempe area close to ASU. I am looking for hotels/motels within walking distance of the finish line which is next to the Wells Fargo arena and Sun Devil stadium. Ill be surprising her at the finish line as this is her first marathon and she doesn't want me to see how slow she is(she is expecting to finish in ~4hrs).

So, any good ideas for places to stay close to that area. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :beer:

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
why dont you get the locations of those 2 places and then look it up on something like yahoo maps, which will display hotels/motels within the vicinity.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Sorry man. I don't know that side of town real well, and even then, I have no need to stay in any hotel out there. I strongly recommend you follow the previous advice given, or try and PM redocmach, who's going to school at ASU.

rtdakota

Established Member
Have been looking at mapquest and google, and they have some options that I am looking at. I just want some first hand knowledge from someone in the area mainly because I am flying into sky harbor late Saturday night and leaving Sunday afternoon and really don't want to have to rent a car. Thanks for the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread