Another matter of value, what's my '93 worth

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
This is sort of contradictive of what I've recently posted, but....

What is my '93 worth? I've found something I more desire, and being a regular working man, I can't afford it all, so something has to go.

-87,000 Miles,
-Vibrant Red, 100% original paint with no body damage.
-Black interior, near perfect and not a rattle or squeak to be heard.
-Autometer carbon fiber boost gauge and 2 pod pillar. -new
-AEM wideband a/f gauge. -new
-2004 Cobra dark charcoal seats installed, rears not installed but included.
-FRPP "C" springs. -new
-'03 cobra Bilstien shocks and struts.
-98 Cobra spindles and 5 lug hubs, front.
-2003 Cobra anniversary red calipers with new pads. -all new.
-13" vented cross drilled rotors. -new
-3.55 FRPP gears and all new bearings, clutch pack, seals. -new
-'98 GT 5 lug rear axles.
-Cobra rear disc setup with '03 ann. red calipers. All new, brackets new too.
-18x9 chrome 2003 cobra wheels. -new
-265/35/18 ZR Nexxes(sp?) tires. -new
-Tremec Tr3550 trans w/Pro 5.0 shifter, low miles.
-Centerforce DF clutch. -new
-A9L computer.
-FRPP 42 lb injectors. -new
-PMAS blow through MAF meter. -new
-MSD 6BTM ignition
-B&G Turbo hotside with Turbonetics T66 polished turbocharger.
-Custom 3" downpipe and exhaust to a MAC catback.
-All turbo hot parts wrapped.
-31x12x3 polished front mount intercooler w/custom piping.

Nothing on the car was cut or modified, it's all bolt on stuff. This car is super clean, and could be taken back to stock if needed at any point. The engine is completely stock and runs perfectly. The valve covers have never even been off as far as I know. The paint is in great shape for it's age, but has regular surface scratches and rock chips. There are a couple very small dings in the car that could be easily removed.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm looking for a real value, something like what it would sell for on Ebay, or market value. I'm open to your real opinions.

post-5-1161798193.jpg

post-5-1161798216.jpg

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
I had my 1993 Bk/BK 70K miles appraised in december by a service and based on the condition they told me my car was worth around 18000. My car is cleaner then most 20K mile cars.

I think 18 is high for mine, I would say your car is worth somewhere in the 16-17000 range with or without the mods.

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I don't have more pics of it, but I can get them.

Mine's definitely not 20k mile clean, but it's a very nice example, and I get nothing but compliments from very picky people. To be honest I was thinking $15k.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

Mine's definitely not 20k mile clean, but it's a very nice example, and I get nothing but compliments from very picky people. To be honest I was thinking $15k.

I'd be real interested in how the turbo setup is done on the car. If it is nice clean and professional then I could see the ability to get around $15-16. If it is just average then I would say more of the $14K ballpark.

CGoeschel

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:

LOL...want to trade for my Teal 1 of 185 and some cash..j/k

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I would love a teal/black as much as I love my red/black, but that wouldn't get me any closer to what I'm looking at getting.

As far as build quality on the turbo setup, it's damn nice. I've seen some hack jobs and this is worlds away. Everything is mandrel bent, no crush bent tubing in the entire system. No weird bends or angles. On a scale of quality from 1-10 with say a Hellion kit being a 10, this would be an 8 or 9 only because they TIG, and I MIG.

I think I could get $14k out of it without the seats.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Are we talking price as is with the turbo setup?

One thing about your car is the lack of leather, which most (mine included) had. Lot's of folks like the black interior.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
Give us some interior shot and enginge shots.

Do you have all the parts to put it back to stock like the OEM 93 seats, exhaust etc.........

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
buddha93 said:
Are we talking price as is with the turbo setup?

One thing about your car is the lack of leather, which most (mine included) had. Lot's of folks like the black interior.
Yes, turbo setup included, this is "as the car sits".

Are you saying the lack of leather is hurting it's value, or helping? Black leather wasn't an option. And technically, with the '04 seats, it is leather.

I have all the suspension, and brake parts still, including rear disc setup and axles. I also still have the seats. The exhaust was aftermarket when I got it, but I still have the stock headers. The computer, injectors and meter have been sold.

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
What I was getting at is the black cloth is a good thing since so many had the Opal Leather.

With turbos being the hot setup nowadays, I think it would bring $14k all day long. If you've got a buddy that wants, even better. At least you know who it's going to.

Now, for the real question. What new toy are you looking at getting into?

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
1993CobraAF said:
Sell the turbo separately...and then sell the Cobra for, say, 12-13K...

Just a thought

+1

Get it back to as close as stock as you can and sell the mods on the side. From what i've seen on ebay (and that's where I bought my 2nd one from) stock cars or near stock cars get more attention.

On second thought, do you still have the stock tranny? If not, people looking for unmolested or low mods might be turned off so you might take a shot as it sits right now.

4way seat/rear defrost/factory cd car? 15k would probably be all the money for the car as it sits. Stock cars in that price range are usually 45,000 mile cars

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
With 87K, this thing is worth more modified. I don't have the original trans, but just about everyone should see the Tremec as a valuable upgrade anyway. It'd be like buying a '66 289 coupe with a toploader, not original, but worth more because of it, IMO.

Yes 4 way seat, no rear defrost, and not sure on CD player.

I'm looking at an R code Torino.

buddha93

Established Member
You've got a ton of really nice upgrade parts aside from the turbo. If your buddy doesn't jump on it, toss it on the boards and see who comes trolling.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I suspect your car will bring some good money ..... Post it on ebay and then make a deal before it sells. At least you avoid the final sale fees and get a very large market to maximize your final price. Don't be a stranger once you sell it.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's a '69 Torino Cobra 428CJ Ram Air. It's rust free and all original. I'm a huge muscle car buff and I've always wanted one of these. There are other ones that top my list, but they're financially out of reach for me.

A lot of you guys talk about original parts, and value down the road, that's what this old car is for me now. Being an R code survivor, this things is going to skyrocket in value in the next few years. I don't really expect anyone to agree with my decision, but I'm more than excited. Besides, I still have my '03 for a nice street car.

This is the car I'm buying:

b574_1.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread