New project car.....

Greg@RET

Established Member
So I picked up a 2005 Mustang. Since I will be changing everything, I decided to start out with a V6 to keep cost low. I ended up finding a 2005 V6 with 18k mi. The car did have flood damage a year ago, but everything was fixed. I really couldnt see any damage to the car from flooding, until I pulled the carpet off. You can see sand sediment, so I cleaned all of it up, then primered everything. I purchased the car for $7k :rockon:

I will be throwing in a built motor (I dont want to say what yet), built trans, built 8.8, and some other goodies. Here are some pics of what has been done so far. I am hoping to have everything done to make it to the knotts show.

100_3801.gif

100_3800.gif

100_3803.gif

100_3804.gif

Greg@RET

Established Member
Heres the 8.8, I still need to weld the tubes, and put the Ford Racing diff cover on.

Before
100_3728.gif

After
100_3733.gif

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Greg! Nice glad to see you came back to the stangs. Any plans for body modifications? Power adder? Wheels? etc...

Awesome project. I'll have to stop by one of these days to check it out. Or hopefully I can see the finished product @ Knotts.

maddrabitt

Established Member
cool. wheres the picture of me out in the rain strapping the stinking thing down, or the picture of the new lens I gotta buy Angel because you got me in trouble?

Greg@RET

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Greg! Nice glad to see you came back to the stangs. Any plans for body modifications? Power adder? Wheels? etc...

Awesome project. I'll have to stop by one of these days to check it out. Or hopefully I can see the finished product @ Knotts.

Only body work I have planned is a cowl hood, and billet grill :coolman:
It will have a power adder.... or two

I am thinking of getting these wheels....
prostar_redcenter_700.jpg

holestar_front_700.jpg

They said they can make me a thicker version to drive on the street :rolling:

Thanks again Rob :rockon:

Greg@RET

Established Member
So I worked on the car a couple hours this morning. I hate driving loud cars, and liked how the Dynomatt quiets things down.

100_3845.gif

100_3843.gif

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Greg 1320' said:
So I worked on the car a couple hours this morning. I hate driving loud cars, and liked how the Dynomatt quiets things down.

100_3845.gif

100_3843.gif

How much weight did that add? I remember using a lot of the Xtreme in my 98 on the doors and trans tunnel/rear seats, but I have no memory of the bulk of the stuff.

They have a new stuff out called Dynapad which is a foam sort of insulator to replace the stock carpet pad that isn't too heavy. I was thinking of trying some under the carpet, under the rear seat and stuffed in the doors for an experiment.

Greg@RET

Established Member
I would guess about 40lbs...
I will have to add another pound to make up for it :rockon:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Can't remember if I saw a vid on here, or if it was on TV where a guy with a similiar car was throwing a LS7 in it. Looks like a good project! I'll stay tuned...

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Looks like this is goign to be a sweet car.

Paying v6 insurance should be sweet!

Greg@RET

Established Member
The Good said:
My son and i have thought about doing this. It's a great way to put your own touch into it.

I will be sure to put all the cost up for this... I agree, its like a custom car. I should be around $30k-$32k when all is said and done :beer:

N2DAMYSTIC said:
Can't remember if I saw a vid on here, or if it was on TV where a guy with a similiar car was throwing a LS7 in it. Looks like a good project! I'll stay tuned...

I saw that vid also... they said they were putting in twins. That thing should make some great power.

MachME said:
Looks like this is goign to be a sweet car.

Paying v6 insurance should be sweet!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing :D I think what I will do is say the car is a show car or something and pay more to cover it? I would hate to total it and be out $20k+

Users who are viewing this thread