Factory Freak????

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
I just got my new cobra on the rollers today and was completely amazed. The car has a Magnaflow catback and catalytic x-pipe and a cold air kit. Nothing else. It made 450 right off the street (it was running pretty lean down low). We decided to throw a tune in it to fix the a/f and it ended up at 471/434. The car makes 8-9 psi so I know there is no pulley. I bought it from the original owner in FL who was about a 50 year old lady who I seriuosly doubt wanted to get the blower ported. I don't know of anything else it could be so I am calling it a factory freak.

Here's the sheet:

Sethdyno-471.gif

letsrunm

Established Member
seth pull that golden horse shoe out of your ass and pass it along. good seeing you today the car is beautiful man. me, you and the women need to get together sometime.

Redfire03

Established Member
Take it to another dyno.

A good example. I took my STi to a dyno that is known for reading low and my car made 225 AWHP then I took it to a dyno that was know for reading high and it made 275 AWHP.

deec73

Established Member
Stock GT500's dont put down those kind of numbers, lol...

Thats a helluva stock Term you got there bud. :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
64comet said:
I would have it checked again. Stock your torque should be higher than the hp.
That's not true at all. For the record, my stock numbers (SAE) were 362.5rwhp and 337.9rwtq. After a catback, X-pipe and intake the numbers were 383.8rwhp and 350.3rwtq. It was only after a tune that the torque numbers were higher than the power numbers.

Blown04GT, you're likely making some good numbers, but those are a bit high. I would definitely visit another dyno. And also have the use SAE vs. STD (for easier comparisons). From the factory, power ranged from 340 - 395. The highest reported was that 395. Mine was 363 (the average is 365-370) and a friend's was 393.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Was the dyno fan blowing nitrous?

There are two possibilities here basically:
1.) It's got a pulley.
2.) The dyno is WAY off.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Mine made 431 with a MAC 3" cat back and a K&N FIPK II and a 'performance tune' from Ford (flashed at the dealer during routine maintenence).

That was the baseline dyno Jeff used to check the increase from the parts we started adding. Add the free flow cats, and a a really good day (heat and humidity) and it's a stretch, but believable. Also, if the tires/wheels can have an impact, if they are lighter than the typical aftermarket stuff we all tend to run, that will increase the numbers as well.

I would check the Dyno, possibly have the car dynoed somewhere else to validate, but if that's what it makes, that's what it makes :beer:

Last edited:

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member
The dyno had several other cars on it that made the hp they were supposed to. It is not the dyno.

It does not have a pulley unless factory cars make 6 psi. It is only making 8-9 psi.

The SAE power was 459rwhp so that is a little less. I still say its high for what it is.

And we made about 8 or 9 pulls and all of them were within 3 hp of eachother.

And lol at the nitrous through the dyno fan! I'll be sure to try that one next time.

Users who are viewing this thread