The Big Giant Eaton Supercharger thread!!!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
well, last night my friend(the guy from the previous thread) and i drove over to Stiegemeier's for my dyno tune. i made 4 runs all together. the first was good, until about 4500 when it started knocking a little(i didn't even hear it). we looked at the numbers and saw 429 hp and 379 tq. more importantly however, the timing jumped to 22° up top, not good. we backed it down to 17° across the board and adjusted the AF a little and made a second pull. this time 476 hp and 403 tq. Bob was speechless. these numbers were comming from a stock pullied eaton. next run was about the same with some minor AF changes in which i made the biggest number of 479 hp and 405 tq. i wanted to go a little safer with the tune(it was already on the safe side anyway). so we backed to 16° timing across the board and richened a hair across the board to get an AF ratio around 11.2-11.4. we made one last pull and were rewarded with 470 hp and 402 tq. :D that is the final sheet below. that little dip at around 5500 was leaned out just a hair to bring it to the upper 10's before we called it a night. Bob and Jim were very impressed with how much difference some compression makes on blown setup with these cars. Bob said he might put some pics and numbers from my car on his site, so that had me smiling too.

driving impressions afterwards, well, let's just say undescribeable! this thing pulls like one strong MF! i am absolutely amazed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: it is now a totally different car. punch it it any gear at any speed and it flat out runs! i am still catching my breath....

i do have dyno vids by the way. i will post up later after i get them from my friend. we'll see about making a couple other quick little vids as well.

as for the blower whine for those who were wondering: it SCREAMS! another friend was getting gas and i did a drop to second and hammer it as i drove by. he said it sounded almost as loud as his lightning with a 2.8 upper and 2lb. lower!

by the way, my mods are in sig as well.

img0804ad9.jpg

-Edited by HISSMAN

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Awesome!

Quick question, what did you do about a boost gauge? Did you use an 03-04 gauge cluster? or did you install an aftermarket one?...and if you used an 03-04 unit, does it require vacuum lines to the back of the gauges, or is there a sender unit that does the work?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i installed an aftermarket gauge. as far as i know, the 03/04 cluster works like any other mechanical boost gauge with a single vacuum line going to it.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Yeah we need to get rid of some of those and replace them with this one and my exhaust thread

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Do you have an estimated cost for everything? do you also have an estimated amount of time it took you to do including how often you worked?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing... but with a whipple on my 96. :burnout: . I'm not serious about it yet and I would love to do that much work on my car lol. It would really be MY car when I'm all done.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
albino96 said:
Do you have an estimated cost for everything? do you also have an estimated amount of time it took you to do including how often you worked?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing... but with a whipple on my 96. :burnout: . I'm not serious about it yet and I would love to do that much work on my car lol. It would really be MY car when I'm all done.
well, cost is all on what you come across. the cheapest and probably the best way to do it is to find an 03/04 guy that is swapping to turbo. you will get almost everything you need right there. this is what i did by the way......all in all it took right at a month to do. this included waiting about a week for everything to come in after we took all the stock stuff off. i also go to school and work full time as well, so that all kinda extended the whole project. if you took a 2 week vacation you could probably have it done in that time with a couple of days to spare.....just fyi by the way, you need to have 99 or newer 4 valve heads for this kind of a blower setup.

SVTRocket said:
Very cool and I love it, but I gotta ask...If you had to do it over, would you do it again or buy an aftermarket supercharger for your new edge?
to be honest, i would absolutely do this again and recommend it to anyone looking to go supercharged! i spent less than what i would have on a procharger for a completely tuned positive displacement blower setup. and now i have options such as the 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 KB's or the whipple blowers. after i get a forged shortblock(probably my next major mod by the way) i will most probably be going with a 2.4 KB. unless i feel like going all out with a brand new 2.6 KB. anyway, no regrets thus far!

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I did this same thing to my '99 when I had it, and it was by far the best thing I ever did. If/when I get another '99-01, this is the only route I'd consider. you can't beat the price and upgradability. Sure it's a little more work, but well worth it. It took me only 7 days to do my conversion working on it only a few hours each night and through the weekend.

The most important part of the whole thing is to make sure you have everything you need. Some of these parts are very expensive and hard to find. So that alone could change the whole project and quickly make it not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread