$15 FRPS disk

03yellow

Established Member
KB just charged me $15 +shipping for the disk that keeps the FRPS from blowing.

I thought they were 5 bucks!

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
He got all my info first.....then I asked at the end of the call how much it cost. He told me $15. It didnt hit me till after I hung up.

I dont mind paying $5 for a 8 cent washer but $15 is getting a little crazy!

I e-mailed them. And told them how much I was charged; their phone stays busy!

epfalzer

Established Member
I bought a disk last week and was also charged $15 bones plus shipping and I personally think that is insane. Whatever they got my 15 but Whipple got my 3 grand. Did a lot of research between the two blowers and Whipple comes out way on top. Check out how many Kenne Bells have self destructed do to various reasons. You never here about that happening to a whipple.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Their capitalists doing their best to take advantage of a group of people. Kenne Bell has always been that way. They see an influx of those things being sold at $5 and see an opportunity to make a quick $10 more since no one else makes one.
If someone has one they can send me, I'll take it over to my buddies machine shop and have a couple hundred run off in about 8 minutes. Kenne Bell is and always has been a rip off.

03yellow

Established Member
I think when I get mine. I'll use it for a pattern. Then:
I will find a a bunch of solid washers and drill them out and give them away for free!!!

Bunch of snakes.... I'll never buy a KB now!!!

epfalzer said:
I bought a disk last week and was also charged $15 bones plus shipping and I personally think that is insane. Whatever they got my 15 but Whipple got my 3 grand. Did a lot of research between the two blowers and Whipple comes out way on top. Check out how many Kenne Bells have self destructed do to various reasons. You never here about that happening to a whipple.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Thats funny! Considering I just got mine about two months ago, with shipping it came to 9 dollars and change. Whats funny is I got two. They were stapled together.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
PistolWhip said:
Their capitalists doing their best to take advantage of a group of people. Kenne Bell has always been that way. They see an influx of those things being sold at $5 and see an opportunity to make a quick $10 more since no one else makes one.
If someone has one they can send me, I'll take it over to my buddies machine shop and have a couple hundred run off in about 8 minutes. Kenne Bell is and always has been a rip off.

If you do this, I am in for one :)

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I need one to give my buddy the dimensions. I don't really have a need for one so I really don't want to spend $15 for one. If someone has one laying around, I'll take it over to the shop, put the dimensions into the CNC machine and then send it back.

gunslinger

Established Member
i just recieved mine also for 15 which stinks but what really got me was the shipping charge of $4.23 DAMM use some sense and stick the thing in a normal envolope for 39 cents!

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
gunslinger said:
i just recieved mine also for 15 which stinks but what really got me was the shipping charge of $4.23 DAMM use some sense and stick the thing in a normal envolope for 39 cents!
OMG, it's getting worse!!
They probably spent like .50 on postage and kept the rest. One can only imagine how much their blowers would cost if Whipple wasn't in the picture.

Last edited:

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
If anyone has a vernier or 0-1'' micrometer laying and could measure the o.d. and thickness I would sure appreciate it. I dont think its a real precision piece just something to slow down the brute force of 80 pounds of fuel pressure hitting it.

Suprised DougH isn't hawking something like this already,he must be busy busting someone's balls in a thread somewhere......

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Zorabot said:
Suprised DougH isn't hawking something like this already,he must be busy busting someone's balls in a thread somewhere......

well, BF doesn't copy stuff so that ain't gonna happen.....

busting people's balls is just a hobby of Doug's :coolman:

Last edited:

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
I thought they were $5 until it came in and saw the reciept.

Users who are viewing this thread