97 AutoX Cobra 31K miles, Mint!! pics **new price**

stangman4610

Established Member
OK....buying a house, and could use the extra cash...so, for that reason I'm thinking of selling my pride and joy...
I've got a 97 Cobra with 30,700 original miles.
The car is black and has some very tastefull, purposeful mods

the car is set up for track use and is a VERY capable autocross vehicle
however the irony is it never gets to the track.
It has an entire Griggs GR-40 roadcourse kit (valued at roughly $7K on it's own just for parts) installed with a 6 point chrome roll cage (does not hinder getting in and out of the car), and carpeted rear seat delete.
All this has been professionally installed by MMR in Oxnard, California.
The car handles incredible..much better than anything I've ever been able to throw at it...
You will be able to out handle Porsche's, M3's, pretty much anything under 100K at a fraction of the cost!!
I'm too busy to really drive it... a car like this should be enjoyed by somebody who would appreciate it and get some use out of it. It just sits in the garage under cover and barely ever gets used, it's spent most of it's life doing just that.
It's been modded and never played with.
I think it would be better suited for someone who will actually do some racing and take it to the track. I think I might be better suited for a weekend cruiser for the type of driving I end up doing in it
Car also has aluminum drive shaft, Pro 5.0 shifer, FRPP 4.10 gears (without the speedo corrector - so a lot less miles than listed above), steeda underdrive pullies, MMR custom cold air intake, brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors with baer ceramic brake pads and upgraded stainless steel brake lines, with offroad Xpipe
I have stock h pipe ready to bolt back in if exhaust is too loud...also brand new black Corbeau Forza II (extra wide for comfort) racing seats with red Saebelt 5 star harness's (red really looks awesome from outside car with chrome cage)
All exhaust and engine mods are within last 100 miles and have barely ANY use out of them.
Also have a Superchips custom burned chip with power programmer mated to the car to tweak everything yourself.

It seems like I just keep modifying the car and i get too busy to ever use it.
I've also got AZA Z-1s staggered wheels (just put on in February) with brand new Yokohama AVS ES100 255/35ZR18 on front and brand new Nitto 555s 285/35ZR18s on back (not for sale with the car, but can be purchased seperately)
also have stock 98 SVT "spider leg" rims with practically brand new AVS ES100s
also as you can see I removed the spoiler, but still have factory original spoiler if you would rather have the spoiler back on.
the car gets compliments and stares EVERY time I drive it....girls, guys, EVERYONE has an attraction to this car...it's got amazing presence with the wheels/cage/seats/harnesses

honestly I would need to get about 17,500 for it to be worth selling.
I would possibly be entertaining serious offers only, no low ballers, this is a gorgeous car and worth every penny. Still have original window sticker and SVT certificate of authenticity both in matching frames. This car is a perfect example of a VERY well cared for, garaged, well modded, Cobra.

Anyone on here interested in a car like this?
Questions or for more info/pics email me at [email protected]

Thanks for reading.

carwashzj3.jpg

picture020zd3.jpg

picture028sv2.jpg

picture032oh2.jpg

picture036xc2.jpg

picture034qo0.jpg

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Can you post up some interior pics and suspension pics as well? Which exact suspension kit is it? Strut or SLA front suspension?

stangman4610

Established Member
Sure, here are some interior pics...
The suspension is a modified version of this kit..

http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/20_1060/products_id/517

It was put on some time ago, so Griggs product selection has changed slightly, for instance they didn't always use Koni, so it has American racing shocks and struts, little tweaks such as that, however most of it should be the same.

cobra13cd4.jpg

cobra19oj7.jpg

if you have any other questions, feel free to email me, leave a number and I can call you back to discuss any questions you might have..

itsrlong

Established Member
Saw new owner driving it back thru GA on my way back to SC. Nice looking car. New owner looked proud. Tell new owner to contact me if he needs a used Vortech kit.

1time

Established Member
itsrlong said:
Saw new owner driving it back thru GA on my way back to SC. Nice looking car. New owner looked proud. Tell new owner to contact me if he needs a used Vortech kit.
sold?:shrug: pm sent!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread