Cooling fan upgrade?

BlackSnakeBite

BlackSnakeBite
Established Member
My stock electric cooling fan cracked and then seized up at the track yesterday. Is there an upgrade to the stock P.O.S. out there anywhere that dosen't require a lot of modification? A dual fan assembly maybe? And if so where can I find it???

Thanks guys,

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
The best upgrade I have found for the Mustang is the 93-96 Mark 8 fan. I have not swapped one on the Cobra, but I can't imagine it is any more difficult than on the Fox Bodies I used them on.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
The best upgrade I have found for the Mustang is the 93-96 Mark 8 fan. I have not swapped one on the Cobra, but I can't imagine it is any more difficult than on the Fox Bodies I used them on.

That is correct... the 97/98 would probably work too.

As far as I know the Mark 8 fan rocks the most CFM of any.

It will require some modification however... as will the next best CFM choice the 3.8 Taurus/Sable fans.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
damn jimmy...just think how many sets of brake pads you could have bought with that whipple money....

NO CHIT!!! Man o MAN!!! Now add tires... WHAT HAVE I DONE????!!!!

I'm turning my car into an Ice Car by proxy... lol

"only give it what the tires will take!!!".... LOL!!

I guess I must have really really missed the sliding...

I could take up drifting EH??:rollseyes NOT!! lol!:-D :dw:

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
BlackSnakeBite, my cooling fan did exactly the same thing after an open track session a couple of weeks ago. I'm installing a pair of SPAL 13 inch low profile fans for more working room between the fans and engine front dress,etc.

Gord

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The early Mark 8 fans will fit. Some minor modifications to its housing is required, especially if you are using it with an aftermarket radiator.
I had one installed but could never find the wiring diagrams to make the new fan mate up to the Cobra system, so I pulled it back off and put the stocker back in.

Users who are viewing this thread