~Time for new headlights, HELP ME DECIDE!!!

WHICH HEADLIGHTS FOR MY CAR???

• BLUE OVAL INDUSTRIES "SMOKED"

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • LATEMODEL RESTORATION "BLACK BEAUTY"

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • MRBODYKIT 1 PIECE BLACK "HALOS"

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • OTHER (POST IN THREAD PLEASE)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Alright guys, its time for me to make a decision on headlights, ive got it narrowed down to 3 sets but ive got issues with all of them. theyre all darker headlights as im going with a red and black theme...

2.jpg

So, on to the choices...

1) Blue Oval Industries "Smoked"

LRS-13008SM-KIT.jpg

I love the way these look, theyre definately the best looking BUT they really dim your lights. i love bright headlights/fogs and just dont know if i can deal with losing them. (and no I cant afford to do an HID conversion)

2) Latemodel Restoration "Black Beauty"

LRS-13008BB-KIT.jpg

I think these look ok, but I HATE the white strip along the outside of the corner piece. If it werent for that Id be all over these...black housing with a clear lens...perfect. But of course Im not that lucky.

3) MrBodyKit Black Housing 1 Piece "Halos"

FD94MT-9888PJX5B15Dlarge.jpg

As much as I hate to admit it Im actually leanig toward these. I think they look a little too "aftermarket" to put it kindly BUT, they have a clear lens, no weird "not matching the other piece" thing going on and nobody around here has em.

4) Other (fill in the blank with other suggestions but NO clears, I will NOT consider any non dark headlights)

SO, PLEASE VOTE AND HELP ME DECIDE GUYS...TAKE EVERYTHING I STATED ABOVE INTO FACTOR. THANKS IN ADVANCE SN-95ERS!!! -J.

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I've got the black beautys on my car. I don't have many good pics, and I still need to mod the corner lights, but I can post some pictures if you'd like. I can definately say don't do the 1 piece headlights. JMO though.

97cobrakick

Established Member
i like the black beauties. im thinking about doing the same black/red theme as you.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
I like the BOI set. I'm definitely not feeling the mrbodykit ones...

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
SublimeRT said:
I've got the black beautys on my car. I don't have many good pics, and I still need to mod the corner lights, but I can post some pictures if you'd like. I can definately say don't do the 1 piece headlights. JMO though.

please, post some pics...i could only find like 1 pic of them actually on a car!

swingle007

Applying Zaino as usual!
Established Member
just put the blue ovals on mine and they look AWESOME! You won't be dissapointed with them.

DSC03427.JPG

Last edited:

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
swingle007 said:
just put the blue ovals on mine and they look AWESOME! You won't be dissapointed with them.

DSC03427.JPG
Yes they do! The Blue Ovals definately are the best looking "darker" headlight on the market, I just don't want my headlights to be any less bright. I may just have to suck it up till I can afford the HID kit... IF ANYONE HAS A GOOD PIC OF THE BLUE OVALS ON A RIO RED CAR PLEASE POST EM UP!!!

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member

This pic shows how the corners kinda don't match. Another member on here (Eddie Z)has them on his black Cobra and black silicone around the edge of it and it looks much better. I'll be doing this to mine.

Here's his.

Last edited:

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Sublime, thanks for all the pics! Man, that damn clear line on the corner piece would bug the hell outta me I think! How did ol boy silicone his?...did he have to take them apart and all that? I will admit, the blue oval look pretty damn good on those rio cars...

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Gotta go with the boi. The black beautys are OK without that strip I guess. The one piece ones look ricey to me and i hate them.

Eddie Z

Established Member
bad93snake said:
Sublime, thanks for all the pics! Man, that damn clear line on the corner piece would bug the hell outta me I think! How did ol boy silicone his?...did he have to take them apart and all that? I will admit, the blue oval look pretty damn good on those rio cars...

Get yourself some black silicone. I used what's called FIPG and it's available at any Toyota dealership. I used to work for toyota as a tech so I had some tubes left over. You might be able to use regular parts store black silicone, but I can't say for sure your results will be the same as mine...now that we got the disclaimer out of the way....

Remove the sidemarkers off the car. You'll notice there is a gap all around the actual lens and housing of the sidemarker, espicially on that white clear strip (it bugged me too) I simply filled the gap all around the sidemarker with black silicone. You're going to use alot of silicone to fill the gaps, just make sure you pack it in there (I used a flat head screw driver to stuff the silicone all around the edges to avoid any non siliconed spots) Once you're done filling the gap around the sidemarker with silicone, run your finger all around the edge of the sidemarker to get rid off any excess silicone (make sure to use rubber gloves this stuff is messy!) Let it dry for a day, and reinstall on the car.

I had the BOI on my car, but I felt they didn't look good with my polished wheels. On a red car, the BOI would look sick.

jester057

Established Member
the projectors/halos for the 94-98 you will never get aimed right, I had a set on my 98 GT and have a few friends with them as well and they always pointed to the ground.

http://www.gotstang.com/jester057

check page 2 for pics of projectors/halos installed

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
The ones from late model suck, my brother went through like 4 pairs and they still arent right, they let moisture in but the people at late model keep letting him send them back for new ones but they still do it..Got mine from blue oval its been 7 months now and still no problems

cedarbeach2noplatesr9.jpg

cobracedarbeachplatecovyc1.jpg

351inside

Established Member
how did you get yours to fit so perfect??? my boi suck with the fitment, while they do look good, i hate the way the passenger side is so apart from the headlight... the driverside fit flush... i dont know they look awsome in person dough.... im going with a blue and black theme... since i need to paint the whole car im painting the top part of it black, like rippins car.. ill seeif i like it... hopefully i do!!!

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I don't normally like dark headlights on red SN-95's, but since you have black wheels I think it will look good together. Stock with clear corners looks the best in my opinion. BOI look to dark, if I had to choose, I would get the Black Beauty's.

Users who are viewing this thread