04 cobra falls on its face in high rpms

bad6as

Established Member
well im trying to help out a buddie, he cant log in to the site
he sent his blower out for a steggie stage 4 had it installed with a 2.8 or 2.9 and a 4lb lower pulley put it on the dyno makes boost then falls on it face like he let off the gas. they thought his cats where clogged so they installed a orh or orx and a borla cat back (got rid of the loudmouth) and still the same problem. now with the 4lb lower and 2.8/2.9 upper it made i think 17lbs of boost and i wanna say 440rwhp (flow jet dyno?) so then they kept the 4lb lower on and went back to the stock upper and still made the same hp numbers on less boost and it never died down

what could be wrong? bad port job from steggie?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
bad6as said:
well im trying to help out a buddie, he cant log in to the site
he sent his blower out for a steggie stage 4 had it installed with a 2.8 or 2.9 and a 4lb lower pulley put it on the dyno makes boost then falls on it face like he let off the gas. they thought his cats where clogged so they installed a orh or orx and a borla cat back (got rid of the loudmouth) and still the same problem. now with the 4lb lower and 2.8/2.9 upper it made i think 17lbs of boost and i wanna say 440rwhp (flow jet dyno?) so then they kept the 4lb lower on and went back to the stock upper and still made the same hp numbers on less boost and it never died down

what could be wrong? bad port job from steggie?

You can't be serious...:rollseyes A port job can not do that!!!

The dude upped his pulley arrangement big time ...

NO DOUBT HE....

Pegged his MAF...

and most likely MAXED OUT HIS FUEL PUMPS!!!

I sure wish people would do a little research before they go slamming BIG BOOST into these things...

This is exactly the kind of scenario the gives our cars a black eye for having "weak pistons".

BAP
SCT big air MAF or Mafia MAF extender

Oh... and have him get it retuned!!! :kaboom: :read: :beer: :-D

Users who are viewing this thread