P/S Cooler Relocation?? Want to do fan setup...

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
Hey what's up guys, I wanted to complete a fan setup on my heat exchanger, I already have the fans, and all the necessary parts to get it done, but the P/S cooler is in the way. Has anyone here ever relocated the PS Cooler somewhere else? I could see it being pushed higher up than where it is, but the lines are hard and it can't be moved. Any help would be appreciated!

djtyau

Established Member
You have to bend the PS cooler bracket up so that the whole thing moves upward. Be careful it doesn't take much.

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
djtyau said:
You have to bend the PS cooler bracket up so that the whole thing moves upward. Be careful it doesn't take much.

You're talking about the bracket where it mounts by the driver side foglight and then also the bracket in the middle behind the heat exchanger right?

It doesn't seem like that would move it up high enough... also, those hard-pipes that are connected to the driver side of the cooler seem to run through a hole in the metal and therefore need to kind of stay in that position... ya know what I mean? I will definitely try it though, how high did you get yours to go?

djtyau

Established Member
It is defintely a tight fit. If you take a long screwdriver and stick it between the bracket and the frame you will be able to pry it up. The lines will move when you do this. I think I slowly pryed both brackets upwards.

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
djtyau said:
It is defintely a tight fit. If you take a long screwdriver and stick it between the bracket and the frame you will be able to pry it up. The lines will move when you do this. I think I slowly pryed both brackets upwards.

Ok, I gotcha. You don't have a picture of it by chance do ya?!?!? :beer:

djtyau

Established Member
Sorry, I don't have any pictures. I just recently took off the fans. Also, what might help is pushing up the cooler with your hand.

TerminatorFTW

The Orange
Established Member
djtyau said:
Sorry, I don't have any pictures. I just recently took off the fans. Also, what might help is pushing up the cooler with your hand.

Cool, thanks for the advice!

Anyone else?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
You can install a 90 degree piece to rotate the cooler bracket that is there now. And the aluminum pipes can be bent (CAREFULLY) to comply to the new position of the cooler. A small piece of hardwood is a good tool to insert between the lines to bend them.
I have done several install like this. No problem.

Dana

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I turned mine vertical and made a little bracket for the center support.

I used heavy leather gloves and did it by hand so I could get a good feel of the lines as I bent them to the new orientation... I was nervous about breaking or cracking them. You could do the same only moving it closer to the rad for more H/E fan clearance.

Not a great pic but here you go...

P5010083.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread