svt focus vs. camaro ss

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
I went down to my hometown this weekend to visit my family, and while I was down there I got to see my friends... My friend mario had a camaro ss which what i heard had several modifications (he never told me what exactly he had)! I wanted to race him so I gave him a ring.. we met up on this bridge that heads to mexico so we can race there with no cops to distract us.. I asked him if we could go from a 40 roll and he agreed! Well we raced twice and were dead even all the way to 130. He was very very surprised.. So it was a tie. I am sure glad we didn't race from a dig because he would of killed me by at least 2.5 cars... I have alot of problems with traction at takeoff.. well thats what happened this weekend!

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
all i know that it was a 99.. I remember last time i saw him he was puting cams in about 2 years ago..

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Good Race Eric, now get the stage 3 clutch and flywheel and take him off the line, power shift, and you should catch him, perhaps even pass him in the 1320.

b00b00

Established Member
BS Cammed camaro vs svt focus......thats not even a race. Please quit telling stories.

JWC

Established Member
Good races. Man I didn't know a Focus was that fast even with your mods. I am sure it surprised the hell out of him. What are you putting down to the wheels?

Common

Established Member
svteric said:
all i know that it was a 99.. I remember last time i saw him he was puting cams in about 2 years ago..

:lol: , You make a funny!!!

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Why is it so hard to believe a SVT Focus can beat a SS Camaro...maybe the cam was just a little one...maybe the focus is putting down more than he is...who knows

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
I never said that I beat him!!! I said it was dead even.. look at my numbers and at the temperature that I achieved them at.. Now the race took place at night and it was pretty cool.. so i had more horsepower than i dynoed!

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Was it a six speed?
FYI my 98 Z28 put down 309 stock. It ran 13.6 @105.
As far you hangin with him..Anything's possible on the street..You definitly got some good parts..If it's matched well & tuned properly,it ought to run pretty good.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
HAHA I bet he was in shock. Those Chevy guys kill me. One day My Celica's 92.3 FWHP will beat a new Z06!

Users who are viewing this thread