Could we buy a Right Hand drive pass. seat?

blair6389

Established Member
This might sound dumb to some of you but, i was wondering if we could buy a right rand drive passanger 03-04 Cobra seat from ford?

First reason being that I love our passanger seat for some reason its way more comfortable to me? Its wierd b/c we have so many dam adjustments on ours to..

The second reason being that its ALOT lighter, i thaught about buying some corbeau's but i'd rather have the stock look..

FF3

Established Member
Just remove all that heavy electric crap and put on a manual railing. You'll lose a good 25 lbs and lower the seat an inch. The driver's seat is too high.

BEFORE
seat2.jpg

seat1.jpg

AFTER
seat3.jpg

seat0.jpg

seat4.jpg

MustangThief

Established Member
Nice pics, and nice mod!

I'd do it too but I like pissing around with the power lumbar too much to ditch it.

^
BTW: What the hell is wrong with your speedo, eh? :lol: :beer:

FF3

Established Member
MustangThief said:
Nice pics, and nice mod!

I'd do it too but I like pissing around with the power lumbar too much to ditch it.

Thanks. The only thing I lost was the electric railing(move up and down, front to back), all the other seat controls are still there and working, I plugged them back.

MustangThief said:
BTW: What the hell is wrong with your speedo, eh? :lol: :beer:

We go faster in Canada, we need the speedo to go up to 260! :banana:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
So once you do that how do you move the seat front/rear?

I'd like to know the exact same thing because I think my passenger seat fits my fat ass a lot nicer than the drivers does.

I know Postban took the skin off his and bent the underwire 'wings' out a bit on the lower part so they were wider. BUT then the cover looked a little off as it was stretched a bit differently.

I wonder if OZ Dude would know...he has a RHD Mystichrome.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I like this mod. As long as I can keep my power everything besides front and back and up and down. I am game.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Question for ya? Does it make you feel like your ass is too far down? Like your leaning back? Or does it sit just like a seat out of a gt stang with no power?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
The track FF3 used comes from a mid-90s Mustang, and it slides front/back manually with a lever just like our passenger seats do.
So, has anyone tried this with the New Edge(99-04) manual tracks? Would it also give you a 1" drop? Not many salvage yards around here and they want $50 for the seat with tracks and will not separate...Just want to be sure it would help before I shell out that much $$

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
I Need Manual Seat Tracks !!

I need this mod !

Does anyone have a set of manual seat tracks for sale?? (Driver only)

PM sent to FF3 for more details.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was wondering about using a manual track setup from the 99-04 as well. Just don't know what the height difference would be. You definitely would need a fore and aft adjustment vs. removing the track altogether and having to settle on a fixed position. JMO.

black 10th vert

Established Member
This is a great mod! Well worth doing - especially for someone like me that never changes the seat, once a comfortable position is found. Anyone know if FOX tracks will fit? I have a spare set of seats in my basement that I could steal tracks from if they'll work.

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
This is a great mod! Well worth doing - especially for someone like me that never changes the seat, once a comfortable position is found. Anyone know if FOX tracks will fit? I have a spare set of seats in my basement that I could steal tracks from if they'll work.

79-04 Is all the same chassis and floor pan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread