03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
dsc00137webxy2.jpg

dsc00138webtc6.jpg

dsc00139webyq0.jpg

dsc00143webyc0.jpg

dsc00144webvr2.jpg

Got my black CDC grille installed today. I think the car looks more agressive now. I need to paint the supporting structure behind the grille black so it all blends but for now it will do. One small problem with the install is they tell you to reuse the factory fastners from the upper radiator shroud. Well these are plastic and once you pull them out they don't want to go back. I'll have to get a new set but it's no biggie. For now the shroud is held on with tie straps, new fastners will go in on Monday. :beer:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Painted the hood latch brackets

dsc00147nd5.jpg

dsc00148gc4.jpg

dsc00149fo2.jpg

dsc00150ga4.jpg

I finally got around to painting the hood latch brackets and radiator cross bar. I did it in two stages using a sponge brush. I was not too keen on using a spray can as I didn't want overspray to get every where but I also didn't want to use a paint brush and have it look like crap. I used a flat black paint which is heat resistant. Once I was done I let it dry and reinstalled the grille.

I post pics of the finished product when I get a chance. I still have to put the radiator shroud back on.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
looks good bro I think I am going to get mine powdercoated black...
2647538_95_full.jpg

Thanks!!! I like the way you have the fogs mounted behind the grille. I thought about doing that with mine but couldn't figure out a way to get them to fit. The CDC grille sits back farther than the stock so there is no way I can see of doing it.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Finished Product

dsc00156nh8.jpg

Beautiful day for a drive, took a quick shot of the finished grille install before I went. I like the clean and agressive look it gives the car. Just keep in mind if your car isn't black you will have to paint some of the supporting structure behind the grille black to complete the look.

Users who are viewing this thread