Brembo from R to a 13" rotor....

tito_146

Established Member
Questions for the guys running the Brembo setup from the Cobra R. Can you run the caliper on a stock 13" rotor? And if so will this clear a 03/fr500 17" wheel? Where can I buy just the caliper set? Already have the ss lines and any other hardware I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find. The reason for my questions is with the bigger rotor (14") I'll have to buy new wheels (18"). I already have two sets on 17" (03 replicas and fr500) so I'm not planning to buy another set. I looked into the Focus RS kit but it is discontinued. Plus the price of the stock rotors is unbeatable.

Any input will be appreciated.

Tobias

Established Member
THe cobra R kit IS a 13 inch rotor, just slotted instead of smooth. They will clear both sets of your wheels. The last place I saw the focus rs kit in stock was at buyfordracing.com. Good luck!

tito_146

Established Member
THe cobra R kit IS a 13 inch rotor, just slotted instead of smooth. They will clear both sets of your wheels. The last place I saw the focus rs kit in stock was at buyfordracing.com. Good luck!

I was under the impression that it was a 14" setup. Will try that site and see if the RS kit is available still. Thanks for the info, I spent an hour and a half last night trying to get some answers with the search feature.

Orlando

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The Y2K Cobra R uses the same exact rotor as our cars... IE: 13"

Most upgrade kits include slotted rotors and lines... Some vendors allow you to opt for the cheaper smooth rotors(OEM)... and drop the price of the kit. Either way they are the 13" rotors.

The 14" kit requires 18" wheels and uses a different caliper also... it's known as the Gran Tourismo kit... I know some guys who run it but it's not what most of us have.... most of us got the Y2KR kit... or the Focus RS kit... same as/same as.

Call buyfordracing.com and ask if they still have the plain rotor option for less money... they may still do it, even though it's not on the web site.

Did you notice the nice price for a pair of plain rotors??? That is for 2 rotors... not each :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread