Blown up Terminator engines list.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Found this list on another website, thought u guys would find it interesting. By no means am i trying to dis the terminator engines as we know that dollar for dollar they are some of the most stout factory engines. But heres a list of what a bad tune and (or) high speed runs can do to these cars. I know most of u guys know this already, but its interesting to read others misfortunes :beer: scroll down on the link to find the list. http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,4331.0.html

chitowncobra

Established Member
Found this list on another website, thought u guys would find it interesting. By no means am i trying to dis the terminator engines as we know that dollar for dollar they are some of the most stout factory engines. But heres a list of what a bad tune and (or) high speed runs can do to these cars. I know most of u guys know this already, but its interesting to read others misfortunes :beer: scroll down on the link to find the list. http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,4331.0.html

good find!!!!

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
alot of them had number 7 and 8 failures or heat damage issues, which would be on the non revised head.

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
alot of them had number 7 and 8 failures or heat damage issues, which would be on the non revised head.

or the people were driving the car too hard for the amount of timing they added and they might of been a little too lean of a tune also ;-)

M240Bravo

Established Member
I look’s like all of them are bad TUNES and running lean. But the running at top speed scares me because driving from Kansas to Nebraska I’m always running over a 100. But sometimes I’m running about 140 for more then a few miles. (like 50 or 60 miles)

MIKEC501

Established Member
I look’s like all of them are bad TUNES and running lean. But the running at top speed scares me because driving from Kansas to Nebraska I’m always running over a 100. But sometimes I’m running about 140 for more then a few miles. (like 50 or 60 miles)

Where can you drive 140 mph for 50 or 60 miles? :dw:

slostang

Established Member
DAMN It i wish i had not even read this now I'm going to be worried every time I drive it. But when it comes down to it a little common sense goes ALONG WAY

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
alot of the time its the drivers fault for example being careless like this guy: (Eaton 2.8” upper, 14 psi, 478/485 rwhp/tq): Minor scoring to #3 piston skirt, no other signs of damage mechanical damage. Accelerated hard with less than 1/8 tank of gas and blew fuel pressure sensor - car developed knock immediately after.
And sometimes its nobodys fault really like this one, this one should scare anyone whos supercharged: BIGONTS (Eaton w/ 2.93” upper, 4# lower.): 11/24/05 SVTP. One of the vacuum lines from the back of the blower came off and when I got into boost the computer didn't read it and give the car more fuel. Created a lean conditon and burned a piston, etc

Users who are viewing this thread