03 vs 04

cashew

Established Member
I know there are certain years for models of cars where you don't want to buy one (i.e. 99 cobra). My main goal in purchasing a term is low mileage. Should I consider an 03 over an 04 for any reason? I have researched online and have not found anything significant. The only recall I came across was over floor mats and the accel pedal. By the way, I might just be tired, but I cannot find the for sale forum.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I know there are certain years for models of cars where you don't want to buy one (i.e. 99 cobra). My main goal in purchasing a term is low mileage. Should I consider an 03 over an 04 for any reason? I have researched online and have not found anything significant. The only recall I came across was over floor mats and the accel pedal. By the way, I might just be tired, but I cannot find the for sale forum.

Not much difference of any significance except color choice... and spark plug threads.

I suggest a little reading here.. at Cobra Bob's excellent and informative web site... he has been an outstanding asset to the Cobra community(Terms) for a very long time!!!
http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

Terminators for sale...
The Market.. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
wow, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. 99's were all fixed(except maybe like 3) and had the power problem taken care of by 2000. same motor and power output as an 01....

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My biggest peeve against the 99's is the rear bumper cover saying Mustang instead of Cobra. Other than that I would buy one just as quickly as I would a 2001 model.

-Jeff

cashew

Established Member
Not much difference of any significance except color choice... and spark plug threads.

I suggest a little reading here.. at Cobra Bob's excellent and informative web site... he has been an outstanding asset to the Cobra community(Terms) for a very long time!!!
http://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

Terminators for sale...
The Market.. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254

Thanks!

wow, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. 99's were all fixed(except maybe like 3) and had the power problem taken care of by 2000. same motor and power output as an 01....

I drove one pre and post venom (venom was the name of the recall they called the performance upgrade I beleive). The 01 was much more responsive and the car just felt much more sturdier. I agree with the bumper not saying Cobra and I like the spoiler off of the 01 too. I just drove a term for the first time today, and let me say that I'm in love!

SpectorV

Established Member
Did the 99-01 models ever offer anything other than the one color insert on the seats like the 03/04 did? I know the 99 had the regular seats... so I guess 01 is the only one that would..?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
My biggest peeve against the 99's is the rear bumper cover saying Mustang instead of Cobra. Other than that I would buy one just as quickly as I would a 2001 model.

-Jeff
i'll definitely give you that one! that's why i switched to an '01 bumper on my old '99. problem solved!

I drove one pre and post venom (venom was the name of the recall they called the performance upgrade I beleive). The 01 was much more responsive and the car just felt much more sturdier. I agree with the bumper not saying Cobra and I like the spoiler off of the 01 too. I just drove a term for the first time today, and let me say that I'm in love!
yea, i could see driving a pre-fixed 99 making you want to steer away from that. after the fix it's the same performance wise as the '01. and the spolier on the '01 looks like a skateboard w/ no wheels...LOL. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread