Feeler: Built Teksid with 03/04 Conversion

zeus201

Established Member
Hey gang,

I've been thinking about this lately and I'm just wondering if there is any interest in my 1999 Rio Red Cobra Vert. I've had the car since end the of July and it has been a blast to drive. However, after riding in a 03/04 Cobra I have decided that I'd like something from those years.

As of right now, the chassis has 70000 and the engine has about 3100 miles on it.

Here is the complete information on the beast. ENGINE (2003 Cobra Eaton Conversion) Custom Painted & Powder Coated
-Original 1999 Teksid Aluminum Block Bored .020 Over With 302ci Stroker Kit (Good For 1000hp)
-Mahle Custom 16cc Dished Pistons .020 Over
-Manley Stroker Rods With ARP 2000 Bolts
-Kellogg Stroker Crank 3.70 Stroke
-Ford Performance HO Oil Pump
-Speed Pro Bearings
-Arp Head Studs
-1999 Cobra Heads(resurfaced, pressure tested, 3 angle seat cut, and valves cut and cleaned)
-Felpro Perma Torque MLS Head Gaskets
-Eaton Supercharger(Non ported)
-Stock Upper Pulley
-Metco 8lbs Lower
-Metco 3.7 Alternator Pulley
-Optima Redtop Battery
-TR6 Spark Plugs
-New 2003 Alternator
-Stainless Steel Radiator Cover
-Polished AFCO Heat Exchanger
-New water pump
-New thermostat

INTAKE
-Densecharger Intake
-2003 Cobra MAF

EXTERIOR
-Black Bullitts with polished lip,18x9 Front,18x10 rear
-Nitto 555R Extreme ,245-40's front, 285-35 Rear
-2003 Cobra Rear Bumper with black inserts
-2003 Cobra Hood
-2003 Cobra Mirrors
-Clear Turn Signal Headlights
-Front Grille Snake Emblem
-Smoked Taillights with rear reflectors
-Custom Black Bullitt Fuel Door
-Stock spoiler moved back 3 inches

INTERIOR
-CDC Light Bar

SUSPENSION
-H&R Sport Springs

DRIVETRAIN
-Billetflow IRS Brace
-Ford Racing 4.10's
-Spec Stage 3 Clutch
-Spec Aluminum Flywheel
-MGW Blue Handle Short Throw Shifter
-LDC Chicago Clutch Free Play Kit
-Steeda Firewall Adjuster
-Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant

ELECTRONICS
-SCT 6600 Chip

EXHAUST
-Bassani Mid Length Headers
-Bassani Catless X-Pipe
-MAC Catback

FUEL SYSTEM
-2003 Cobra Twin Pumps Assembly
-2003 Cobra Baffled Fuel Tank
-2003 39 lbs injectors

The rear - end had to be rebuilt because the original 4.10 gears were not installed correctly and the bolts shook loose and cracked the diff. case and bascially destroyed everything. The rear - end was completely rebuilt by Lund Motors using all new parts / bearings and also has a BF IRS brace. To be honest, the car doesn't really wheel hop when I actually decide to drive the car the way it's meant to be.

The exhaust was redone at a local muffler shop because there mismatching clamps that kept dragging. They kept the Bassani catless xpipe, but used new pipes from the headers and after the x connecting to the catback. The shop did an awesome job tucking up the whole system.

Just two weeks ago, I replaced the rear tires with 555R's, so there is at least 95% plus tread left The front tires also have at 85% tread left. Last Monday, the car developed a coolant leak which I couldn't find. I had Ford pressure test the system and they found a small crack at a T hose leading to the oil cooler which was fixed also.

Other than that, the car is running great especially with cool temps lately. I've only been in rain 3 times with the car and I immediately washed the car the next day. I also try to wash the car at least twice a week. I would say the paint is great shape considering the car is 8 years old. There are a few rock chips along the car, and there are 3 scratches along the passenger side which was there when I got the car. The interior is great shape to, just the driver's side seat shows cracks which is also expected. The vinyl top is also great shape and doesn't bubble and looks nice and black still.

I have an auto loan with Bank of America and they have title, but I'd iron out all the details to make the transfer of title as easy as possible for the buyer. The car is in storage right now in Keokuk, IA.

Edit: $19,000 obo

Thanks,

Ryan

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Nothing yet, is it the price? :??:. I'm open to most reasonable offers. Main reason I'm testing the waters is that I'm thinking about going back to school to pick another degree and need to free up more money for a down payment for a house as well.

03snkvert

Established Member
Bump for Ya!

This car looks good, and sounds good! The car is well worth the price it is being offered for. The 18" wheels and the H&R spring really give it a mean stance.

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
dscf0496ad1.jpg

dscf0499rs9.jpg

dscf0489qt2.jpg

dscf0488copyzm4.jpg

dscf0448ge3.jpg

dscf0446oe0.jpg

dscf0446oe0.jpg

dscf0435qy1.jpg

dscf0433cy5.jpg

dscf0419of8.jpg

dscf0431rj1.jpg

dscf0430xg2.jpg

Last edited:

airjon23

Established Member
Is this car still for sale? I remember seeing this car several months ago on eBay or the Corral. Please send VIN!

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Car looks great! I'd definitely look into this if someone bought my car, but its looking grim for that prospect. Good luck!

1time

Established Member
thats a beautiful car!!!!!!!!(dyno#'s?) bump

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread