This is a damn shame, I knew this girl

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
http://www.kgw.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8T11SL80.html

Suspect in deaths of Graham couple is murder convict

11/19/2007

Associated Press

The man accused of killing a couple near Graham was released from prison this summer in Massachusetts after serving time for killing his mother 16 years ago.

Daniel Thomas Tavares Jr., 41, moved to Washington to marry a pen pal he had written while in prison, Pierce County sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said.

Tavares and his wife lived within sight of the rural home where Brian and Beverly Mauck were found dead Saturday night after another neighbor noticed their door had been kicked in.

Tavares was jailed early Monday for investigation of aggravated first-degree murder, according to the Pierce County jail's Web site. His wife, Jennifer Lynn Tavares, 37, was jailed for investigation of rendering criminal assistance and making false statements.

Daniel Tavares was released from the state prison in Walpole, Mass. on June 14, where he served a sentence for manslaughter after the 1991 stabbing death of his mother, Ann Tavares, 46. He was 25 at the time of the slaying and lived with his mother, The Boston Globe reported.

Authorities have not disclosed how the Maucks were killed, saying only that the couple died of "homicidal violence."

Nothing appeared to have been taken from the home, and the motive was unclear, Troyer said.

The Maucks had been married a year and a half and recently purchased their home in Graham, about 40 miles south of Seattle. Friends said Brian Mauck worked for an Auburn air conditioning company and Beverly Mauck worked at a car dealership.

Beverly Mauck, the girl that was murdered used to work for my parents for a couple of years and although we haven't been in touch lately she was a pretty good friend to the family. It's a shame she had to go like that, it really pisses me off that this guy was let out of prison just to murder again.

She was a really nice girl and was very pretty. It just saddens me to hear this news.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
How do you stab your mother to death and only serve 16 years in prison?

Just take a look at the state he did it in and there's your answer. It is a shame this happened, I hope MA takes notice.

Sorry for your loss OP.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Death penalty makes sure these butts are not repeat offenders.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
sorry to hear about your loss man. That's really tough when the stuff strikes close to home.

We've had two in the last few decades that stuck us close to home. One was about 15 years ago and he was beat up and thrown in a quarry over a girl. The most recent was about 5 years ago and a 15 yo girl was walkin home from the local fair and i guy picked her up, and dismembered her whole body.

It's so much tougher when this stuff hits home and you actually know the people :(

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys.

We hadn't really had contact with her in a couple years but like you guys said it's just the fact that someone you were close to at one point died in such a brutal manner, it just really gets to me, she was a really nice girl.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Not to make this sound any more depressing but my dad told me the details of what happened. You will be mad after hearing this.

So the guy that killed her was released from prison in Mass. after serving 16 years for stabbing his mother 12 times. When his father who lives in Florida heard he was being released he purchased a handgun because he feared for his life.

He moved to Washington after marrying a pen pal he met in prison which was next door to the victims. The woman said that her husband got angry for no reason, GRABBED A GUN, walked over to the victims house, kicked in the door, shot the man and as my friend Beverly ran out of her bedroom he point blank shot her between the eyes. The husband then tried to get up and fight and was then shot 5 more times. The man and woman both confessed to all of this.

I hope this piece of shit burns and the dumbasses in Massachusetts need to be held responsible for letting this animal loose. How is 16 years enough times served for stabbing your mother 12 times?

bright blue

Established Member
I agree with uncle Ted Nugent.

How can anyone that would stab their mother 16 times even be considered for a prison term? He should have been put to death. Death Row is bullcrap, letting someone live 10-15 years, when they wouldn't let someone else live another second...... There should be no death row, no last meal. If he was convicted, he should have been put to death on the spot, shipped straight to a nice chair, then fried. If the US was stricter on our criminals, then we would have less of them.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
A lot of people fight the death penalty because of costs, how much it would cost the state and later the public.....my responce..."I mean come on guys, how much money does a bullet cost?" Problem solved. Quick, painless, and cheap....everyone wins....

This is just another example of how messed up our legal system is. Someone can stab another person 12 times, much less his own mother, and only serve 16 years? For this reason another innocent family has been hurt. The legal system as taken away two memebers of that family because of their ignorance of not taking care of the problem when the should have...

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slick4_6

Established Member
How do you stab your mother to death and only serve 16 years in prison?

I have a neighbor that killed his girlfriend, wrapped her in a rug, and dumped her in a corn field to have some farmer find the decomposed body several months later. He confessed to the murder, was convicted and spent 9 years in prison. He is now out, had a dog that killed some of our livestock, was forced to get rid of that dog, and now is the proud owner of a new pit bull. He has two kids in their 20's that are illiterate. I am amazed every day at the amount of trash that is left walking the streets.

P.S. He loves to go out in his backyard late at night, 11PM-3AM, and shoot his firearms. The law has been called and they will not do anything about it. We avoid them like the plague.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I have a neighbor that killed his girlfriend, wrapped her in a rug, and dumped her in a corn field to have some farmer find the decomposed body several months later. He confessed to the murder, was convicted and spent 9 years in prison. He is now out, had a dog that killed some of our livestock, was forced to get rid of that dog, and now is the proud owner of a new pit bull. He has two kids in their 20's that are illiterate. I am amazed every day at the amount of trash that is left walking the streets.

P.S. He loves to go out in his backyard late at night, 11PM-3AM, and shoot his firearms. The law has been called and they will not do anything about it. We avoid them like the plague.

Damn I was reading and realized you don't live in Kentucky!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread