GT500 auto conversion

freefallpat

Established Member
I’m running across a somewhat strange scenario. I’m looking to upgrade to an automatic transmission on my GT500. I would like to take the car over 1000wrhp with this setup. I’ve got everything covered with my local shop except the transmission. Anyway, they called Quantum in Vegas to find out if they could supply the transmission and parts to do the conversion. They said yes but that I would need to send my car there. They also said that Shelby would remove my VIN from the registry if I have mods done to my car by an unauthorized Shelby supplier/installer.

I’ve got a call to Ford Canada about this. If it is true, this WILL be my last Ford vehicle. Can anyone confirm this or is it a cheap scam by Quantum to get me to send the car there…

We’ll be talking to Roush next to see if they want the business.

Patrick

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
That's stupid, I hope it isn't true.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
there are plenty of shops that can handle building an auto trans for a GT500 and shipping it to you. Your only problem would be to get a cpu to understand the trans and still control all other things the computer does. I would suggest contacting jon lund at lundracing.com as I know he has put a high hp capible auto trans in a GT500 along with tuning it.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
maybe its their scheme to get GT500s to hold their value. since there will be so many modified ones, the registry will shrink considerably and people will be able to say that they have a "true" shelby! LMAO!!!

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
bullshit once a shelby always a shelby.

+1

Evolution Performance has an auto in their car now, and has strong ties with Ford & SVT as well as probably SAI. Before you believe what someone says, go directly to the source they claim to have an issue. Sounds just like your average salesmen tales.

TexasShelby

Established Member
WTF :shrug: Are our GT500s in the Shelby registry?

You can enter your GT500 here:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/GT500Registry/

That's also where you can get your dash plaque.

SAI-Plaque-005.jpg

Did you receive your SVT Certificate from Ford as well all your supplements in your drivers manual?

SVT-Certificate.jpg

dsc_0705110707_1b.jpg

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

The certificate is signed by Carroll. And has a breakdown of the numbers of each color and where yours is placed.

I've had a couple of friends that mysteriously their Manuals were missing as well as it's case...that's worth a great deal later on. I told them to call SVT and place a complaint with them about it if the dealership didn't cough them up. We paid enough for these cars, so we should get everything that comes with it!

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I'd cut all ties with that "shop" and move your business somewhere else. Shelby could care less what you do with your car, they're not going to remove it from the registry regardless of what you do to it.

Even if they did do something like that, it would take someone making a phone call to Shelby and "ratting" you out which is even less likely.

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
You can enter your GT500 here:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/GT500Registry/

That's also where you can get your dash plaque.

SAI-Plaque-005.jpg

Did you receive your SVT Certificate from Ford as well all your supplements in your drivers manual?

SVT-Certificate.jpg

dsc_0705110707_1b.jpg

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

The certificate is signed by Carroll. And has a breakdown of the numbers of each color and where yours is placed.

I've had a couple of friends that mysteriously their Manuals were missing as well as it's case...that's worth a great deal later on. I told them to call SVT and place a complaint with them about it if the dealership didn't cough them up. We paid enough for these cars, so we should get everything that comes with it!

Thanks for the info. :beer:
I will go in there and enter my info and order my signed dash plaque. :thumbsup: Can we order the dash plaque without the door sill plates? :shrug:
I don't think the 08 certificates are out yet. Don't they wait till after the production run?
No, I haven't received my owners manual yet. :cuss: The dealer ordered it. It should be here anyday now.
Where did you get your cobra plug on your dash?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread