what is the trick to pump fuel pumps back in

speeder_0069

Established Member
Can any one help me im having a problem putting the fuel pumps back in i just did the pprv delete and when i try putting fuel pumps back in the tank the floater attached attached to the sender keeps getting in the way.....its like for the fuel pumps to go in,i have to bend it and i dont want to brake the clips that hold it there......if anyone has any idea or can help please do cause i dont want to brake anything..
speeder_0069 is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Last edited:

joemayo

Established Member
I"ve did this about 10times.. just hold the fuel leveler down a little. There's a slit inside in the tank on the baffle that it goes through. The filters are going to be in the way but you just gotta work it..

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I had a friend from work(trim tech)... clip the sender float arm back on after I got the pump down in ALMOST all the way...

I held the pump up enough for him to get his hands up in there and clip it back on... then it just dropped in because it was already oriented the correct way...

There are probably easier ways.... but I had gotten a little frustrated and did not want to break anything .... or kill anyone...lol! So I got another pair of eyes to get a second opinion.

We dropped it in on our lunch hour(I live really close to work)... then I finished it after work.

speeder_0069

Established Member
thats what i was trying but it just didnt want to work......and ever thing i got it about half way in the bad at the bottom of the fuel pumps falls off....i worried if it falls of in the tank what happens....dirty fuel?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Contact Juiced46 (Dave). He's done this many times and can probably give you some more helpful advice.

Users who are viewing this thread