Lowered cars, do you use offset rack bushings?

wldtang

Banned
Not familiar with the 03 04 cobras, but for you guys with lowered cobras do you use offset rack bushings on your PS rack?

I am putting a 03 cobra motor in my 94 cobra. I am using a Tubular K for a mod motor, 03 cobra rack, and control arms. I am also using the 03 cobra front struts. I will be using saleen lowering springs that i had on my 94 cobra. I used offset rack bushings on it with MM caster/camber plates.

Should i reuse these bushings?

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not sure about your combo with the Terminator motor in an sn95. I put H&R race springs in my '03 this summer and was able to get a 4 wheel alignment no problem. No bump steer at all. Still running the stock rack bushings and tie rod ends with 0 problems. Love the ride and tighter feel of the car with the springs. I'm running 18" 35 series tires as well.
285x35x18 all around. Hope this helps you.

Ray H.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
From what I have read The offset rack bushings are an extreme measure that has potential reliability issues with regard to not staying where they are put.

I suggest doing the non-offset MM solid rack bushings and adjust your bump out if needed with MM or Steeda adjustable bump tie rod ends and/or extended ball joints.

Also not running in the full race all the way positive caster position on your caster/camber plates can reduce some of the bump steer effects, but you will give up some of your camber gain.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I did the same swap you are doing and used a MM tublar K and arms.... I used the offset rack bushings. I would go for it...

Users who are viewing this thread