part numbers for S/C gaskets

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately I'm not at my office computer and don't have access to the part numbers for you. I believe the dealer sells a complete set. At least I remember ordering a complete set when I did mine. If you don't get the numbers by 5PM I'll look for them at my office. Here's the list of gaskets, but you probably already have this info.
* Throttle body to intake plenum
* IAC motor to throttle body
* Intake plenum to supercharger
* EGR valve to supercharger
* Intercooler manifold to lower intake manifold
* Blower to lower intake manifold
* Lower intake manifold to cylinder heads

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I reused every last one of my gaskets during my Whipple install. I did not buy a single one.

So "all gaskets needed for the swap".... in my case was NONE!

Are you going to order from a local Ford dealer?

Any place that can order Ford gaskets directly from Ford should also be able to look up their own part numbers.

Even if people provide me with part numbers... I prefer to verify they are correct myself.

:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like Jimmy did, many do reuse their gaskets. With success. Others (like me) preferred to reward their steeds with a nice fresh set of gaskets. The cost is not too bad...around $40-$45 I believe.

udlose03

Established Member
cool, yea i have read that you can be careful and re-use them, but the car is nearing 60K, i'd rather just go with all new gaskets. I will stop up at an authorized SVT dealer tomorrow and check on thsoe gaskets.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i think i will be able to reuse my gaskets as well. im in the middle of my whipple instal. do you all recommend using gasket sealer on the gaskets as well? and i believe red locktite as well on the bolts correct?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
i think i will be able to reuse my gaskets as well. im in the middle of my whipple instal. do you all recommend using gasket sealer on the gaskets as well? and i believe red locktite as well on the bolts correct?
Use the sealer between the intercooler and supercharger. I used Permatex UltraGrey because thats what was on there from the factory. Some also use Permatex Red.

You only need to use Loctite on the intercooler to supercharger bolts. I used a small propane torch to help loosen the factory IC bolts and melt the loctite. The Whipple will come with new bolts for this.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Also, to the OP, I bought a full set of gaskets from Steve @ Tousley, "FORDSVTPARTS" on here, for $68 shipped to my door when I did my install.

Cheap insurance when installing a $3000 supercharger if you ask me. :thumbsup:

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
Just call ford, they have it. The package deal is around 100 bucks. If you buy a kenne bell it comes with it.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Use the sealer between the intercooler and supercharger. I used Permatex UltraGrey because thats what was on there from the factory. Some also use Permatex Red.

You only need to use Loctite on the intercooler to supercharger bolts. I used a small propane torch to help loosen the factory IC bolts and melt the loctite. The Whipple will come with new bolts for this.

do you need to use a gasket on both top and bottom of that reichard racing supercharger spacer? and no gasket sealer on those either?

Users who are viewing this thread