Tire Life...

Sintore

Established Member
I have a set of Kumho V710 that I purchased in the early summer of 2006. Ran them hard in 06 and briefly in 07 but I noticed less grip or stickiness.

I still have enough tread for one or two more events. But I think the compound my be hard and won't grip for anything this season. BTW, I am hoping to get my novice license year. May need new tires.
What do you guys think?

John

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Use them for the school, use them for HPDE. Save your money for new tires when lap times start to count.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I ALWAYS run tires until the cords show. My policy is to never throw a tire away until it's used up! :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I ALWAYS run tires until the cords show. My policy is to never throw a tire away until it's used up! :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

DITTO!!

Unless you are in competitive event.. or feel the need to prove something to someone(which can get a little dangerous).... just use them up.

If you don't want to get caught at the track without fresh replacements, then by all means buy some tires to bring with you.

If you do feel compelled to remove these less than optimal grip tires...
Do PM me with a price and if it's still readable the rubber depth.
These are the same tires I am running now... assuming 275/40/17 is the size.

Sintore

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. I'll most like run the first event on the hard slicks and see what happens.

John

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. I'll most like run the first event on the hard slicks and see what happens.

John

They will be nice and gooey and sticky by the end of your first lap. The surface gets hard as a rock after they sit. I usually buy used tires and they are always like that.
After lap 1 they are chucking rocks on anyone in my mirror looking for a point by.

Yes they will get hard-er from heat cycles, but they still grip great (comparable to fresh R compounds... better really) and they last quite a long time.

BTW: If you are not happy with them sell them to me before they are all gone.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread