Possibly more cooling mods.

racebronco2

Established Member
I bought a lincoln mark 8 fan assemby. Just by testing the stock 04 cobra fan (18") side by side with the mark 8 (18") the mark 8 does flow alot more air. The mark 8 on the low speed seems to flow more air then the cobra on high speed. I can squeeze the fan assembly into place but need a way to attach it since the tabs are in different locations and the mark 8 is also smaller in width. The motors are not interchangable and neither are the fan blades. I will try and make it work. I will keep the thread up-dated.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Maynor ( http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=9118 )
put one on his Novi'd 99 Cobra.
He did say it took some improvisation to make it fit. If I remember correctly he may have even had CFM specs for it.

I believe it has the highest CFM of any readily available electric fan that will actually fit, with a little tweaking.

I ran across this topic during a cooling discussion over on Modular Fords a while back, and I found him to be very knowledgeable and credible. He indicated that it was a significant improvement for him while tracking AND on the street.

He may not have as much track time as you but he is an open track guy, so he is very aware of our cooling issues.

I need to do more to keep my car cool. If I hot lap the car shifting at 6 or 6500, depending on the track, I have about 5 or 6 laps and then I have to shift into 5th on a couple straights and go part throttle to cool it back down so it doesn't fill my catch can.

As much as I love your hood vents, for dropping post rad air pressure, I have been racking my brain trying to come up with more air flow, without changing the cosmetics of the car.

I know separating the oil heat from the cooling system with an air to oil set up works well, but it's expensive--> if done right with a large H/E and proper plumbing and stat.

I am seriously thinking of trying this Mark 8 fan trick, and I am looking forward to your results and testing write ups which are always TOP NOTCH!:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
I believe the hood mod is better then some of the evens pieces. The evens pieces allowed me to run longer but only the hood mod actually lowered the engine temps. I would like to test my hood on a stock cobra to verify this.

Back to the fan mod.I have read the the mark 8 flows 4300 cfms. But since the thread was so old it hadn't been up-dated. Both fans are 18" but the mark 8 fan are 7 blades and are wider with more pitch. The mark 8 also has a shroud with it. I modded a mark 8 fan to fit our fan motor and it did increase the air flow slightly. Today i modded the mark 8 assembly and had to notch it to clear the abs motor, the h/e tank and the overflow tank. I just need a way to attach it. It flows alot more then the cobra fan does.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Well i fabbed up some brackets and it's installed in the car. Just need to close off the bottom portion cause the shroud is about 2 taller then the radiator.

racebronco2

Established Member
Thanks jimmy for the links. I wasn't sure how to make the mounts. I was only able to get a couple of replies to the fan thread and it was locked on the corner-carvers site.

Users who are viewing this thread