10 psi on stock cobra

r.berry23

Established Member
hey guys i got my 2003 termi last november with 19000 miles on it and the dealer told me it was all stock minus the magnapack exhaust now I when i launch either from a dig or in third i peg my boost needle on the stock gauge i was wondering why this would happen i thought it was only supposed to get up to 8.5 any ideas?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
cold weather + cold air kit can yield up to 2psi increase.......if you're concerened just measure the upper pulley. should be 3.65"

wlg101190

Established Member
:shrug:Maybe it's not stock? If you are that curious, take off the pulley guard, if there is one, and measure the diameter of the pulley itself.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
most dealers have no idea really what is done to them. the on i test drove was completely stock and the guy told me there was exhaust done.

measure the pulley would be the way to find out. plus the stock pulley is huge. i couldnt beleive the difference from stock pulley to say a 2.9.

r.berry23

Established Member
thanx for the input im going to measure i think its stock it looks pretty big but still has the guard so ill measure that i think im going to go with the colder weather its down around 48

r.berry23

Established Member
im getting 10 psi of boost out of a completely stock engine im going to measure the pulley but i think its stock it looks big behind the pulley guard

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actual max boost on a stock Cobra does definitely vary. I've heard some report close to 10 psi. Can't remember what mine was. So what you're seeing sounds close to normal to me.

I see you're a newer member. And congrats on your '03 Cobra. You might benefit by browsing through my Terminator FAQ page on my website. Lots of good, basic information relative to the '03-'04 Cobra. http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

Users who are viewing this thread