do i Need an aftermarket Heat exhanger?

ITS STOCK

Established Member
It has the head cooling mod.

What is the best aftermarket heat exchanger?

Oh and btw someone said that You can read the tempa nd stuff fomr the Odometer is that true, if so how do you do that?

I have the sct x2 with the car, but I dont want to mess anything up with the tune. Cant you make the fans come on sooner?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
I would go for the AFCO HE:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...co-03-04-cobra-pro-series-heat-exchanger.html

You can read some temps and a lot of other stuff on the Odometer display; just hold down the odo reset button while cranking the car, and when it lights up and says "test", let off the button and press it again. Then you can cycle thru the readouts.

You can make the fans come on sooner, but I don't know if you can with the XCal without having your tuner change the tune.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The old H/E question... many will say that you have to have it but just keep one thing in mind. It will not make power on it's own but it will improve your ability to recover from a WOT pull and keep the power you have by reducing IATs.

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
Oh and btw someone said that You can read the temp and stuff from the Odometer is that true, if so how do you do that?

Hold in your odometer trip reset button with the key in off position.

Turn the key to the on position without cranking it while you are still holding the button.

Continue to hold down on the button until the gauges start to sweep, then let go of the button.

You can then proceed to start the car with odometer in this diagnostic mode.

Use the button to cycle through all the good stuff for your various readings.

Turn off the key to get out of the diagnostic mode for mileage format to return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Not sure, but I don't think there is a read out in the odometer test mode for IAT2s.
BTW after activating the test mode you will scroll though many different functions/readings, stop at the one you want to monitor and then start the car.
I can't remember if you can still scroll/select after the car is started.
Also of note the ECT reading is in Centigrade.

The Xcal2 however can be set up to data log as a stand alone or as a pass through device for a lap top running SCT's Live Link.
http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Not sure, but I don't think there is a read out in the odometer test mode for IAT2s.
BTW after activating the test mode you will scroll though many different functions/readings, stop at the one you want to monitor and then start the car.
I can't remember if you can still scroll/select after the car is started.

You can scroll. I always just crank the car and hold down the button all at the same time, then while idling I find the one I want to look at. There is no IAT2 on the odo readout.

ITS STOCK

Established Member
So with the sct X2 I can run Down the track, and record the run?

So can I jsut check My tune somehow? I dont want to mess anything up, Im new to this sct thing.

03KrauseCobra

Established Member
i have identical mods to you and i put the afco he on about 3 months and i see a great difference good price and only takes 40 min to put on it runs much smoother

Users who are viewing this thread