2008 Shelby Cobra GT 500 Red...!

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Been waiting to buy one of these ever since I seen they were going to actually be produced. Dealer got it in on Saturday AM via SVT Transporter and within 2 hours it was delivered into my building.:banana:

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/93318895

Sure made my day..

Cheers, Jerry

Looks like the one I just got :banana:

First mods should be:
-Evo Stage 2 (you wont believe the difference):rockon:
-Upper and lower control Arms.

Bulb Mogul

Established Member
Pointer's & Tips

I am not planning on taking this out for its maiden voyage until our roads in NW Ohio are clean and free of salt and snow etc... So this means the car will be in the building until the weather breaks. My question is.. What is everyones ideas on running the car every once in awhile..? Does this hurt just letting the car run in idle mode without driving it at all. or ...just currious on what others do while it just sits until nice weather.

Thanks, Jerry

Whistler98

Established Member
I used to start up my 98gt every other week. But too much condensation builds up and prematurely rusts out the exhaust. So I just let it sit now. I need to start it soon it has been at least 3 months.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Worst thing you can do is run the car for a short time. The combustion byproducts that get past the rings collect in the oil pan, and form acids. You don't get the engine hot enough to burn off the water vapor, and that causes rust. Raw gas washes the oil off the cylinder walls. So-- put the car on a trickle charger to keep the battery from freezing / sulphating; inflate the tires to about 45psi (and put on carpet squares over plastic to prevent dry rot). Put Stabil in the gas tank to keep the gas from forming varnish. When Spring comes, take it out and run it for a few3 hours. After a proper break-in (vary engine speeds and don't over-rev for 500 miles), it will be in good condition.

ELITE1

addicted to SVTP
Established Member
I am not planning on taking this out for its maiden voyage until our roads in NW Ohio are clean and free of salt and snow etc... So this means the car will be in the building until the weather breaks. My question is.. What is everyones ideas on running the car every once in awhile..? Does this hurt just letting the car run in idle mode without driving it at all. or ...just currious on what others do while it just sits until nice weather.

Thanks, Jerry

Wow! you could break in your motor, by just driving your GT500 from one end of that building to the other, LOL. That is a huge building :thumbsup:. Congrats on getting your car, looks great.

Last edited:

Bulb Mogul

Established Member
Thanks Alot Harry..!

Thanks alot for the information on helping maintaining a healthy and well preserved car. I have always wondered about this issue of starting a car, but really was not sure. I am thinking of also buying 3 sheets of 5/8 plywood and laying them on the concrete floor then driving the car up on the wooden platform. Sure am anxious to fire it up and take it for its 1st drive, but with 11 inches of snow that just fell this am, looks like it wil lbe quite sometime. Oh well, i can go out ot the building and eye it up.. :banana:

Here is one more shot of it..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/93319018

Whistler98

Established Member
Shouldn't be too long now. I am not sure about NW Ohio you guys have Lake Erie snow? Here in PA about two more weeks and it hopefully will start to warm up.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Thanks alot for the information on helping maintaining a healthy and well preserved car. I have always wondered about this issue of starting a car, but really was not sure. I am thinking of also buying 3 sheets of 5/8 plywood and laying them on the concrete floor then driving the car up on the wooden platform. Sure am anxious to fire it up and take it for its 1st drive, but with 11 inches of snow that just fell this am, looks like it wil lbe quite sometime. Oh well, i can go out ot the building and eye it up.. :banana:

Here is one more shot of it..

http://www.pbase.com/bulbmogul/image/93319018

I've always been told to keep the tires off of concrete and away from moisture, so I put down a layer of visqueen between the floor and the tires. A little over-inflation keeps the tires from flat spotting.

When I first got my Cobra and it was in storage, I would sit in it and play the CD player and inhale the new car smell....

Users who are viewing this thread