LFP 2.6/Idler install

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
DSC01143.jpg

First remove the plastic cap, it should unscrew, save it you will reinstall it when your done.
DSC01144.jpg

Take the belt loose. To do this I used a 1/2 inch breaker bar with a 3/8 adapter. Push down to take tension off the belt. I tucked it to the side so I would not have to try and reroute it.
DSC01145.jpg

Install the puller, make sure you have it on the closest grooves and the gap between the puller (ring) is equal on both side.
DSC01146.jpg

Thread the small stud into the blower snout, dont forget the washer. Next Install the Bar into the pulley(ring) I counted the threads to make sure I had the bar level so it wouldn't pull more on one side. See Pic
DSC01147.jpg

It should look like this
DSC01148.jpg

Now You need two 15/16 wrenches. Turn the inner nut(gold) counter clockwise to start removing the pulley. I only had one so I had to use a metric and make it work.
DSC01149.jpg

The pulley is starting to slide off the shaft.
DSC01151.jpg

Another look.
DSC01152.jpg

It's off, now take the puller off and get it ready to put the new pulley back on
DSC01153.jpg

You have to swap the gold nut to the other side so you can press the new pulley on. Put the new pulley on the hub and tighten the screws. Now you will turn the gold nut clockwise. I used blue thread locker. Then thread the installer back into the snout and set the pulley on the shaft.
DSC01155.jpg

Turn the gold nut while holding the welded nut(dont let the welded nut turn or you will break off the stud in the snout) Don't forget the little washer, you wouldn't want to scar the shaft incase you need warranty work. If you have an extra set of hand use them now. It takes some effort to press the new pulley on. The pulley will sit flush with the shaft . Now the hard part is done. Time for the idler
DSC01156.jpg

Take out the three 8mm bolts as shown.
DSC01157.jpg

Install the bracket and tighten the cap screws.
DSC01158.jpg

I put the pulley in the middle position to start with. If you have it in the lower position the belt may rub.
DSC01159.jpg

Now your done! I used Blue thread locker on the idler pulley bolt and double check everything. Put your belt back on and check the clearence and get ready to load in your tune.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Matt

Last edited:

ToddL

Established Member
Great write-up. What brand of puller did you use? It looks like a good design that wont bend the pulley.

1bad03snake