Sway bar question

GHIG RTR

Banned
Who using there's and who took there's off? We are thinking about taking mine off to give us more room with TT kit. Those who have taken there's off, do ya'll have any real bad handling issues?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Tons of folks have taken them off for track duty and many ended up never putting them back on. Going to affect handling and stability a bit, but not drastically. I've driven a couple without them and didn't even know. The sway bar, brackets, and bolts weigh in at 12.2 lbs.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I took mine off and have no plans to put it back on. At least anytime soon.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The front sway bar gives the car it's close to neutral handling with just enough push or understeer to keep it safe on the streets in the hands of Joe Q. Public.

There is a certain amount of this understeer that is designed in to keep the car from losing the tail first in a hard turn, "litigation understeer", nearly all cars come with some.

If you are running a sticky drag radial and a normal tire up front then the car should still retain enough understeer to remain safe in most conditions.

If the car feels loose in the rear or twitchy with the tire combo you are running I would also disconnect the rear sway bar.

That should keep you from looping out and backing it into a guard rail or ditch.

Understeer = hit the wall with the front end (much easier to control and preferable to...)

Oversteer = hit the wall with the rear end (once it lets go you are gone)

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I can notice a little difference...All the roads in Florida are straight, and 90 degree turns...sway bar is off and staying off.....for now....

Juruense

Banned
Should be fine to run without sway bars on the track. I would never consider running like that on the street. Just trailer it to the track and you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread