People that have Global West SFC

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member
Do these look like the right part...I ordered through Jegs.com and on the invoice it says 94-04 mustangs, but the instructions from Global West has 94-99 mustang
f8c8fd50.gif

e9ddd3ac.gif

and I'm missing parts: the 2 seat Brackets, 2 Long 10-mm bolts and nuts :mj::bash:

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I will be ordering mine soon form them, so I'll be curious to hear how they handle the missing parts. Pleas update when it's resolved. I can't answer your question by looking at them, but I do know that they had very specific part numbers for different models on the GW website. I think they may have sent you the wrong set, unfortunately.

good luck!
Brian

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member
I will be ordering mine soon form them, so I'll be curious to hear how they handle the missing parts. Pleas update when it's resolved. I can't answer your question by looking at them, but I do know that they had very specific part numbers for different models on the GW website. I think they may have sent you the wrong set, unfortunately.

good luck!
Brian

I forgot to put in my original post that they have the same part number on the invoice and the instructions. #929

and I'll make sure to post what jegs say when I call on monday:cuss:

Last edited:

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Bought mine direct from Global West and they came with seat brackets...part of the reason why I chose them.

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member
Well, I called jegs today they gave me two options
1. Order the seat brackets through them :nonono: or
2. Send the SFC back:kaboom:

I'm going to send them back and order from GW directly
jegs isn't going to get my business anymore:bash:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wow, that sucks! I thought the 929 was supposed to come with the seat brackets.:??: I had planned to order the 929-c for my vert, and remebered that being the number which included the whole set including jacking rails, and seat brackets. Jeg's price was better than the "direct" price, but if they suck to deal with, then it may not be worth saving a few bucks...:shrug:

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Hans use trellis bracing as opposed to the "ladder" bracing on these which I think is an advantage over the Golden West. Both are overkill for Mustang sub-frames but worth considering.

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member
I called Global West and confirmed that the seat brackets come with the 929 kit.... The Hans SFC were my first choice but those aren't made anymore:shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I called Global West and confirmed that the seat brackets come with the 929 kit.... The Hans SFC were my first choice but those aren't made anymore:shrug:

The Hans were also my first choice, but they are currently out of business. I called every one of their vendors that were listed on the website, and they all told me that they can not reach Hans at all, and have none of the parts in stock. I was lucky enough to snag the Hans rear strut brace brand new from someone that bought the whole package, but sold the car before the install. Unfortunately for me the subs were for a coupe, not the vert model that I needed. The Global West are very similar in design (with the exception of the truss design), so they were my second runner up. I also considered the KB Extreme Matrix, but the GW just looks more stout overall, and with a vert, I only want the best.

Is Jegs going to give them to you because they are supposed to be in the set?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Did they at least reimburse your shipping? Are they going to send you another set with all the parts, or are you going to order them direct this time?

Disturbance

B.N.4279 ~ B.D.12/11/02
Established Member
Did they at least reimburse your shipping? Are they going to send you another set with all the parts, or are you going to order them direct this time?

No. "Shipping and Handling are non-refundable". :fm:

and I'm not ordering anything from Jegs anymore so I'm just going to order direct from GW

black 10th vert

Established Member
Too bad for the poor customer service! I guess I'll just order direct when the time comes too.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Jegs has gone downhill and Summitt has blown them away in terms of CS here lately.

Hate to hear Hans is gone as well...but GW is top notch as well.

Users who are viewing this thread