Lexus ISF v '10 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Just interested in hearing thoughts on how you think the '11 Mustang GT with 400hp/360tq 5.0L 4v/6M is going to perform at ~3550-3600lbs being that MT just tested a Lexus ISF with 416hp/371tq 5.0L 4v/8A, at 3817lbs with 255 rear meats. It ran [email protected] in the quarter.

:p

This is a performance discussion, please keep it on track (ie no shit the Lexus is a nicer car).

Thanks

Last edited:

92z28

Established Member
Mid to low 12's with an average driver Im willing to bet that with a driver blessed by JC himself under perfect conditions we willl see some 11.XX time slips.

97BlackCobra

Wow!! The next Gen Mustang GT should be able to put up a pretty good fight against the new Camaro and Challenger. About time!

mustangkid05

Established Member
is it official if will have all that power?, or is that what you would want it to have?

jleews6

Established Member
Well the GTOs were 400 "real" hp and they ran good with some running as fast as 107/109 and the mustang should be a little lighter so I think that the potential should be there for it to run high 12s @110/112 but something tells me that it wont run up to expectations. I dont know why I think that but maybe its because The Shelby only ran high 12s@110/113 and made 100 more hp. I know it was heavier but only by about 2 to 300 pounds and that dont equal 100 more hp.:shrug:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Wow!! The next Gen Mustang GT should be able to put up a pretty good fight against the new Camaro and Challenger. About time!

The next gen GT will own the next gen Camaro (3900lbs+ 430hp LS3) and Challenger (4150lbs) due to PtW ratio.

is it official if will have all that power?, or is that what you would want it to have?

Yes, it's official.

i'll believe those numbers when I see them.....

Great, you can dig this thread up in 2 years and tell me I was right.

Well the GTOs were 400 "real" hp and they ran good with some running as fast as 107/109 and the mustang should be a little lighter so I think that the potential should be there for it to run high 12s @110/112 but something tells me that it wont run up to expectations. I dont know why I think that but maybe its because The Shelby only ran high 12s@110/113 and made 100 more hp. I know it was heavier but only by about 2 to 300 pounds and that dont equal 100 more hp.:shrug:

GT0s are 3900lb cars, the GT will be 3550-3600lbs with 400 legit hp. Remember you're talking a much lighter car v the present GT500 with a lot of weight off the front wheels from an all aluminum motor--most of the reason stock GT500s aren't that impressive is due to a lack of traction and the heavy blown iron 5.4 up front.

source? where did you get those numbers for the 10 stanG?

They're correct. That's all you need to know.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
same here. work and grad school.

cobra was sold, but the buyer is taking a lot of time to come up with the funds.

glad to see you're still around

91GT

Established Member
I suppose it is too early to know about what tires are on it or what gears are in it?

I am thinking this car is going to be a really strong runner, assuming decent gears I can easily see mid 12's. The more I hear about this new car the more I like, just hope it looks good too.

PS any chance they will put the 5.0 back on the fenders?

Fourcam330

Established Member
same here. work and grad school.

cobra was sold, but the buyer is taking a lot of time to come up with the funds.

glad to see you're still around

MBA?

Trying to dump mine as well, market sucks ass as I'm sure you know.

Back at ya.

Fourcam330

Established Member
I suppose it is too early to know about what tires are on it or what gears are in it?

I am thinking this car is going to be a really strong runner, assuming decent gears I can easily see mid 12's. The more I hear about this new car the more I like, just hope it looks good too.

PS any chance they will put the 5.0 back on the fenders?

Correct, too early to tell about wheels/tires/gears. I agree should be a strong runner, mid 12s@110+ for sure. In perfect conditions who knows, possibly low 12s@113+ or better. All that weight off the front end v the GT500 is going to help launch a lot.

I would have to assume that given the huge history of the 5.0 with Ford fans marketing would have to capitalize on it. If not, I'm sure the aftermarket will.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Sounds to me like the 10' mustang gt will be about on par with a stock terminator.

BTW, the 8A will run a faster 1/4 than the M6.

Expect high 12's stock, low 12's with intake/exhaust/tires, mid elevens full bolt on.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
how is it official, ford has not released anythting concerning engine size nor horsepower numbers, theses are all rumors until ford releases there intent, not to knock you but even if you know someone on the "inside" things can change fast, ford is deep trouble with fuel prices rising and their products not selling, remember they just had to dump two brands cuz they are in financial trouble

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
MBA?

Trying to dump mine as well, market sucks ass as I'm sure you know.

Back at ya.

yup, part time at NYU.

i got a very fair price for mine actually (very fair), now it just comes down to finishing the deal.

oh well, lets not douche up this thread, so if you want to bs, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread