why do people change stock quadrant and firewall adjuster?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
OEM adjust 'automatically', while aftermarket ones allow manual adjustment

this lets you fine-tune the TOB clearance and clutch engagement, although the former should always be your priority

manual adjustment is often necessary when using a non-stock clutch setup because of differences in PP thickness, etc

in addition, the stock adjuster uses plastic parts that quickly wear and distort

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
I had to change mine because i couldnt get into gear when shifting at high rpms wot. Once i changed it, all shifting issues went away :banana:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I had to change mine because i couldnt get into gear when shifting at high rpms wot. Once i changed it, all shifting issues went away :banana:

yep, clutch needs to disengage fully to remove preload from the trans

SVTslowcar

Established Member

Amen! i have the same problem and just purchased the fiore F/W adjuster & clutch quadrant. hopefully this will fix it. my 2-3 shift and sometimes 3-4 is horrible, the stupid thing takes forever to engage, and if i try to force it, the gear just grinds or compleltly misses and i have to double clutch to engage the gear. :nonono:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Amen! i have the same problem and just purchased the fiore F/W adjuster & clutch quadrant. hopefully this will fix it. my 2-3 shift and sometimes 3-4 is horrible, the stupid thing takes forever to engage, and if i try to force it, the gear just grinds or compleltly misses and i have to double clutch to engage the gear. :nonono:

Same exact thing happened to me.
Currently i have a Fiore adjuster and my issues went away. I also plan on doing the below..
How to lower your clutch pedal for quicker, firmer, shifts and performance driving.

Users who are viewing this thread