Royal Purple Oil

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I think this has been covered quite a bit. But from what i've heard it's awesome stuff. I'm a mobil 1 fan myself but i've heard this stuff is good. I plan on using it in my tranny and rearend when i service them.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Could you notice a difference in power from switching to all royal purple? I heard it actually helps gain some HP?

No. That's not why I use it. My motivation is protection and longevity.
It's going to be pretty tough to feel 8 HP difference in one of these cars.
I also run it in the trans(SyncroMax) and diff(MaxGear).

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
No. That's not why I use it. My motivation is protection and longevity.

+1. Even though the speed channel did technicially prove there is a gain from it, thats not the reason anyone should buy it.

I recently added it in my car. I do notice that it runs slightly smoother, but like Jimmysidecarr said, I do it for the long run, and to know that I'm running good quality oil in my engine. (and because I can't stand giving exxon mobile my money whatsoever.)

Pricier, yes. Worth it? I'd say so.

98cobradan

Established Member
+1. Even though the speed channel did technicially prove there is a gain from it, thats not the reason anyone should buy it.

I recently added it in my car. I do notice that it runs slightly smoother, but like Jimmysidecarr said, I do it for the long run, and to know that I'm running good quality oil in my engine. (and because I can't stand giving exxon mobile my money whatsoever.)

Pricier, yes. Worth it? I'd say so.

ya HP tv on spike did it too. gained like 6-8hp on the dyno

Users who are viewing this thread