Recommended Pad

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
I usually run Hawk HP Plus (HB105N620) front pads with Type B Alcon rotors. Well, Summitt and Tirerack both can't get them to me within a week. I am looking for something similar and where to buy soon!! Any assistance is appreciated.

Dave

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Carbotech usually keeps our pads in stock. Give them a call and find out which of their compounds is most similar to HP Plus. 877-899-5024 is their number

Edit - Eye cain't speul

wheelhopper

Established Member
EBC yellows here. I would say they are very similiar in temp range to HP plus with less dust and no noise. They also have a better heat range than the EBC green, which are a more agressive street pad.

MFE

Established Member
Once you go with Carbotech's you'll probably never run anything else again. If you've been running HP+ then I suggest some Carbotech XP8's. They're rotor-friendly even when cold and they'll take way more abuse than the HP+ will.

Maynor

Established Member
Too late now but for future reference, Carbotech XP16s are all I run for track events. Break-in is critical as-is a new rotor to season the pad with. Once that's done, there is no going back.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
On Brembo 4 pots I've been running Carbotech XP 12s and 10s up front and in back XP8s.

I have even been driving around on the street with the XP8s on the rear with no serious ill effects, except very loud squeal-age.:uh oh: Which I was expecting anyway.

I have dedicated rotors for the front for the Carbotechs, but not for the rear.
I didn't want to plate out metallic street pad material on the rear rotors since I've got them nicely seasoned and bedded in with the Carbotechs and since doing so they have contributed to even longer pad life up front.

I am very happy with the pad performance, longevity, and rotor life using Carbotech pads.
(I also noticed I'm in some pretty good company as a Carbotech fan boy...lol)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I usually run Hawk HP Plus (HB105N620) front pads with Type B Alcon rotors. Well, Summitt and Tirerack both can't get them to me within a week. I am looking for something similar and where to buy soon!! Any assistance is appreciated.

Dave

I should have asked... :bash:

Are you planning on leaving said pads on for street duty also?

Chris Yates

Established Member
If anyone is looking for a set of lightly used Carbotech XP12s (PBRs), $100 plus shipping and they are all yours. As others have noted, great pad and very rotor friendly.

Selling because I'm now running Brembos.

Chris

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Once you go with Carbotech's you'll probably never run anything else again. If you've been running HP+ then I suggest some Carbotech XP8's. They're rotor-friendly even when cold and they'll take way more abuse than the HP+ will.

I have got to agree:rockon::beer:

Similar but I dare say BETTER! Dedicated/new rotors are required though, and follow the bed in carefully.

From-> http://www.ctbrakes.com/faqs#4

Carbotech XP8™ (1108™): A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200°F-1350°F+). Carbotech XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly with 100% non-corrosive dust. Excellent as a front brake pad for lighter ITA, ITB, ITC, SRF, H4, H5, and other cars that weigh less than 2,400lbs. Perfect for novice, intermediate and advanced track day (HPDE) use with any tire, and can still be driven safely to and from the track. There are several vehicles that use XP8™ on the street, autocross, and at track day (HPDE) events. Carbotech does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. XP8™ is also a great rear brake pad for almost any race car (Spec Miata-T1/T2/CMC). XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread