99 GT Transformation w/ Pics

99 GT

Established Member
Hey guys so i bought my '99 GT back in october 06 completely stock with 38k miles on it for $8,700. Yes, i bought the car myself at 16. The car is paid off and i paid for all of its mods.Im only 17 so i dont have that much money but after about a year and a half, here is the car with all of its new mods. Hopefully i'll get out to the track soon. Im dying to drive it past 3k haha. I know its all about seat time not mods but what do you guys think, am i ready?

Mods:

Magnaflow magnapacks
Magnaflow o/r x-pipe
StangSuspension springs
StangSuspension caster camber plates
Brembo front brake kit
Brembo stainless steel lines
Maximum Motorsports strut tower bar(uninstalled)
Maximum Motorsports full length sub frame connectors
Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
Midcontinent brake ducts
JLT intake
Black SVT cobra wheels
Falken Azenis RT615’s
1” rear wheel spacers
New polyurethane bushings
Black lugs
Fully Synthetic oil
Motul brake fluid

Aero/Appearance:

Cobra R front bumper
Cobra R wing
Cobra Fog lights
Cobra Fog bezels
Mach 1 grill delete
White face gauges
Autometer phantom gauges(uninstalled)
White face AC gauges
Smoked headlights
Blackouts
Black shorty antenna
15% window tint
Car repainted/de-badged

Heres a quick video (sorry about the poor quality, it was shot with a camera) ...nothin special though.
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/xcartelbdyboardx/?action=view&current=MVI_0560.flv

IMG_0513.gif

IMG_0516.gif

IMG_0525.gif

IMG_0530.gif

IMG_0535.gif

IMG_0550.gif

IMG_0522.gif

IMG_0533.gif

IMG_0505.gif

Heres the only stock pic i have of the car(previous owners wheels):
cid_375.gif

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
yeah man that car looks great...and as for the track question, theres really only one way to find out haha

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Nice looking car. Congratulations on doing it on your own.

And it's certainly more than ready. As for whether you are, everyone has to start somewhere.
But at your age, to realize it's more about seat time than mods, that's a good start. :thumbsup:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
The strut brace would be more effective if it was bolted in :)

Car looks good. I think you are ready. I can see why you dont drive past 3K, it's louder than hell.

Last edited:

99 GT

Established Member
^^ I appreciate that. Being 17 is hard to get respect from older guys cuz they like to generalize me being to young to drive a car like this.

^ thank you for understanding...i tell my friends and others who see me drive and they are always like" punch it man, lets hear it scream"...its tempting but not worth it. But yes i love my exhaust...its loud as hell.

haha oh and ya the strut bar was just set on top of it for the pic...i just found out tuesday that its def. not going to clear the JLT

Last edited:

99 GT

Established Member
No they arent for clearance just to make the rear wheels flush with the fenders. They are the 1" hubcentric wheel spacers from americanmuscle...I was worried about whether or not they will make me take them off at the track but everyone i have asked on here said that they will be fine:shrug:

Sirl

Established Member
Wow, the wheels that came on it were hideous!!!
You did a great job!! the car is gorgeous!!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
No they arent for clearance just to make the rear wheels flush with the fenders. They are the 1" hubcentric wheel spacers from americanmuscle...I was worried about whether or not they will make me take them off at the track but everyone i have asked on here said that they will be fine:shrug:

I believe you could safely move this 1" spacer mod to the appearance/aero list.

Increasing rear track width will give you more understeer, if the front track remains stock.
If you are looking for a safer feeling car than the stock amount of understeer, then leave them on.

If you are looking for a better handling car, ditch them. Or put the same up front.

These cars understeer bad enough as is. Most of us try to reduce our understeer.:beer:

Last edited:

David Hester

Established Member
If you are looking for a better handling car, ditch them.
Works for me!
Um. Don't know about everyone else but 1" spacer would only leave about 1/3 " of lugs holding on to my studs. Not safe at any speed. Toss them, bury them, make wind chimes out of them. :uh oh:
Or put the same up front.
He was kidding.
Right, Jimmy. Right?
You do have extended studs, right?
I wouldn't trust them even with longer studs.
Think about it. Remember all those roller skate ricers with the stuck out wheels and the worn out bearing, broken axles and the terrible handling. Same difference. your tires, bearings, and axles are loading in the wrong places. Just not a good idea for clearance or any other reason on a car you want to drive at speed.
IMHO
Good looking car, but seriously, wait till you can come up with some wider, correctly engineered rims. You've spent too much time and money in the car to total it and maybe even yourself.;-)

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you are looking for a better handling car, ditch them.
Works for me!
Um. Don't know about everyone else but 1" spacer would only leave about 1/3 " of lugs holding on to my studs. Not safe at any speed. Toss them, bury them, make wind chimes out of them. :uh oh:
Or put the same up front.
He was kidding.
Right, Jimmy. Right?
You do have extended studs, right?
I wouldn't trust them even with longer studs.
Think about it. Remember all those roller skate ricers with the stuck out wheels and the worn out bearing, broken axles and the terrible handling. Same difference. your tires, bearings, and axles are loading in the wrong places. Just not a good idea for clearance or any other reason on a car you want to drive at speed.
IMHO
Good looking car, but seriously, wait till you can come up with some wider, correctly engineered rims. You've spent too much time and money in the car to total it and maybe even yourself.;-)

I was thinking a one inch spacer is so freaking thick it just had to have another set of studs on it, maybe not, either way the added bearing load is also a good reason to ditch em.

But seriously I totally agree with David, the safety issue of stud length trumps all others in this regard.

Nice looking car! Have fun with it!

And remember this hobby is all about quality seat time and getting better as a driver should be the first priority.

Then doing stuff to the car.:beer:

Red94SVT

Established Member
that is one clean ass ride cobra R clone looks awsome in white :bowdown:
i would paint the mirrors white to to complete the look...

99 GT

Established Member
haha i am not an idiot, i went with the hubcentric spacers not the shims. I guess ill keep em on for street then take them off for track. Everybody wins.

Although i really am not going for a cobra R clone, thanks for the compliments guys!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
You didn't have too tell me you were 17 teen, I would have known just fromthe pics.

David Hester

Established Member
i went with the hubcentric spacers not the shims. I guess ill keep em on for street then take them off for track. Everybody wins.
Guessing you added the longer studs, too, then.
Physics still remain. You are still levering the bearing which is a bad thing street or track.
I've got pictures of my A/Sedan car years ago at VIR with a smoking bearing about to let go. Not something you want to experience.

Users who are viewing this thread