CC Plates

gx00850

Established Member
Quick question. I just lowered my '03 vert using H&R race springs. I also installed a set of mm cc plates.

Does anyone have the same set up? If so what spacer combo did you guys use? I tried the recommended setup 1 short spacer below plate and 1 short/2 long spacers above the plate. The problem is that there was not enough threads on the strut to get the bolt back on.

I ended up going with 1 short/3 long below the plate and 1 short above the plate. What do you guys think?

THANKS

antiv6

Established Member
i have same set up with all isos in, i did 1 short spacer below plate and 1 short/2 long and it worked fine

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Quick question. I just lowered my '03 vert using H&R race springs. I also installed a set of mm cc plates.

Does anyone have the same set up? If so what spacer combo did you guys use? I tried the recommended setup 1 short spacer below plate and 1 short/2 long spacers above the plate. The problem is that there was not enough threads on the strut to get the bolt back on.

I ended up going with 1 short/3 long below the plate and 1 short above the plate. What do you guys think?

THANKS

you didnt measure your ride height before disassembly like it says to do so in the instructions, did you.

you seem to be unclear on the concept. the strut only has so much travel to it, and you've lowered the car relative to the upper strut mount. therefore, what you have to do in order to keep the strut in its range of travel, is raise the top of the strut mount. logically then, the spacers would go on TOP. the more you lower the car, the more spacers you will need on TOP of the plate. car gets closer to the ground, but the location of the upper strut mount doesn't. capiche?

gx00850

Established Member
I used the MM instructions and it never mentioned taking any measurements prior to installation. It gave three recommended spacer set ups and then told me to check the hoold clearance.

stock suspension: 1 short on top plate / 1 short & 3 long under bottom plate.
tokico shocks: same as above
all lowered: 1 short & 3 long on top plate / 1 short under bottom plate

I simpley did not have enough threads to do the setup with 1 short and 3 long on the top plate. My ride height is the same with this setup and there is no hood interference. I had it aligned today and everything is in tolerance.

Does this mean I am okay? Thanks for the help.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
I used the MM instructions and it never mentioned taking any measurements prior to installation. It gave three recommended spacer set ups and then told me to check the hoold clearance.

stock suspension: 1 short on top plate / 1 short & 3 long under bottom plate.
tokico shocks: same as above
all lowered: 1 short & 3 long on top plate / 1 short under bottom plate

I simpley did not have enough threads to do the setup with 1 short and 3 long on the top plate. My ride height is the same with this setup and there is no hood interference. I had it aligned today and everything is in tolerance.

Does this mean I am okay? Thanks for the help.

you did something wrong then. you'll have the same amount of threads regardless of whether the spacers are above or below the plate. to say you 'did not have enough threads' means you didnt get the strut up through the plate enough for some reason.

did you check for clearance between the underside of the top of the strut tower and the top of the strut body? that part is pretty clear in the instructions. perhaps the body of your strut was hitting the chassis.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
More food for thought...

Those springs are going to settle (unless they are used), and you may have a different ride height a week or two from now.

You may then, want to make sure the final travel, and spacer stack is compatable with the built it bump stops.:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I went through this over the weekend doing springs, shocks/struts, and CC plates on my buddy's 97GT.

Per MM:

First of all, the spacer arrangement only affects the amount of available bump, or suspension travel. It does not affect ride height in any way (unless you have severely limited travel and the car is resting on the front bumpstops). You should have installed the spacer stack in the following configuration, as per our installation instructions for a lowered vehicle.
camber.gif

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
Are your stock strut dust boots catching?

Remember, discard the stock dust boots and purchase the blue Bilstein dust covers.
That, or suffer my consequences and tear up a front strut. $450 for a set up front....

Users who are viewing this thread