5.4 Block?

Fast Willy

Established Member
Hey guys, wasn't quit sure where to put this, but if you were going to build a 5.4 which block would you use? And would it fit in an 03 mustang body?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hey guys, wasn't quit sure where to put this, but if you were going to build a 5.4 which block would you use? And would it fit in an 03 mustang body?

A pre NVH 5.4 Iron block, crank and front timing covers and goodies from a 99 1/2 though 2001 DOHC 32V Navigator.

Yes they fit all 96 through 04 V8 Mustang K members and chassis,

->see 2000 SVT Cobra R.:beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
were any of the 5.4 blocks aluminum in any of the early Nav. years, or were just the heads aluminum

Fast Willy

Established Member
how much of a paint is it to do this swap. I mean is it just a few new hoses or is the swap pretty hard i mean would i have to buy a lot of custom things like radiator etc... Please someone that has done the swap please chime in.

canibus

Established Member
are you sure you can take on a project like this? not to be a dick but you're not sounding like you know what you're getting into

Fast Willy

Established Member
Thats why I am trying to find out all I can before I decided on doing it. As far as the build it self goes yes I will have no problem done it several times before but when it comes to putting something different into the car no I have not done that yet. Which is why I'm looking for to the challenge but right now I'm just trying to find out as much as possible.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What heads and intake are you going to run?

If you want to keep a PD super charger, you will basically be building a GT 500 engine.

Rad, hoses, oil pan, oil cooler and engine mounts should all work.

Exhaust manifolds/headers, cat pipe, accessory brackets, upper engine cooling and fuel plumbing,... I believe WILL be a problem, or at the very least different from a 4.6.

You will probably be using a lot of GT 500 stuff.

Hood clearance could also be an issue. Front end will be heavier.

cthunder

Established Member
No one makes a readily available 5.4 turbo kit that is any good or mail order yet. The 5.4 is much taller than the 4.6 so you'd have issues with the standard 4.6 kit from hellion matching up.

As far as sound and vibration, you're better off with a NVH block. My L came with a pre-NVH and I have a built NVH in there now, and it's much better for a DD.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
there are a couple of threads in pic and video buffet. i believe there is a guy with a bullit in there as well with a build similar to this. search for bullit pics and you can find him. another guy dropped in a lightning set up, cool idea but the damn thing sticks up way into the line of sight.

Users who are viewing this thread